PDA

View Full Version : Tiger sand conch eggs

Honks69
10/15/2013, 10:55 PM
My two tiger sand conch started spawning and leaving an egg sac in the sand every few weeks. At first I had no clue what it was but one night I checked the tank and I spotted one of them laying the eggs.

My question is I left them alone and none seemed to hatch so next time I see the egg sack can I move it to either my sump or even into my qt/hospital tank? I keep my qt running all the time and the water in it comes from water changes from my dt so it should have matching parameters. I was not sure if anyone has had conch eggs successfully hatch.

My ceriths lay eggs too that never hatch but those are always stuck to the glass

Honks69
10/17/2013, 04:03 PM
Bump

I was hoping at least one person had some input about the eggs.

If they can't hatch in captivity i will just leave them alone next time I see them

Thanks

chain
10/17/2013, 08:17 PM
I say why not try it? What's the worst that can happen? You might get lucky and get some baby conch's, that would be awesome.

Honks69
10/17/2013, 08:18 PM
I say why not try it? What's the worst that can happen? You might get lucky and get some baby conch's, that would be awesome.

That's what I am thinking too

Thanks

robotman
10/18/2013, 01:05 PM
My two tiger sand conch started spawning and leaving an egg sac in the sand every few weeks. At first I had no clue what it was but one night I checked the tank and I spotted one of them laying the eggs.

My question is I left them alone and none seemed to hatch so next time I see the egg sack can I move it to either my sump or even into my qt/hospital tank? I keep my qt running all the time and the water in it comes from water changes from my dt so it should have matching parameters. I was not sure if anyone has had conch eggs successfully hatch.

My ceriths lay eggs too that never hatch but those are always stuck to the glass

I have baby turbos I think all over, I counted a good 20 of them, only snails I have are nassarius 1 cerith astrea and turbos, and 1 tiger conch, but they look like mini turbos. I say leave them and see what happens :D

UTCReefer
10/18/2013, 03:20 PM
Snap some pics too.