PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference bettween these two lps

Alvin88m
10/19/2013, 06:47 PM
So I've been wondering for a while now what the difference between Acanthastrea echinata and the Acanthastrea lordhowensis is.. Does anyone know?

CIGARSC351W
10/19/2013, 07:05 PM
So I've been wondering for a while now what the difference between Acanthastrea echinata and the Acanthastrea lordhowensis is.. Does anyone know?

They're a different species. Lord's are fleshier than ech's . Care is the same in my experience.

Alvin88m
10/19/2013, 07:18 PM
They're a different species. Lord's are fleshier than ech's . Care is the same in my experience.

Oh okay I recently bought an acan I just don't really know the difference. There's a picture of mine

Dendrobates
10/19/2013, 08:37 PM
That's an A. lordhowensis, the A. enchinata are a lot less voluminous and more of a chalice/favia like coral.

rogersb
10/20/2013, 09:41 AM
^ Agreed, echinatas look more like favias.

Alvin88m
10/21/2013, 10:09 AM
That's an A. lordhowensis, the A. enchinata are a lot less voluminous and more of a chalice/favia like coral.

Are are A. lordhowensis aggressive towards each other? I just bought another frag and put me about an inch apart and the new one has little white stuff coming out each head and I read that's their way of attacking other corals? Is that true?

rogersb
10/21/2013, 10:57 AM
They can attack other corals and spewing their guts is how they do it but I have not heard that lords will attack lords. Is it close to any other coral besides the other acan?

Alvin88m
10/21/2013, 10:59 AM
They can attack other corals and spewing their guts is how they do it but I have not heard that lords will attack lords. Is it close to any other coral besides the other acan?

my pink hammer is like 4 or 5 inches away...

Randy15
10/22/2013, 07:06 AM
Lords are lords and you can put them as close as you want to each other with no issues other than that it makes growth difficult between colonies due to lack of light and food opportunities. Your hammer/torch cold be agitating the acan.