PDA

View Full Version : Aquamedic t5000 users thread modifications?

Timber77
10/20/2013, 04:24 PM
Been running T5000 single the 6 1/2 tall skimmer 8 inch body.
Have another or3500 pump so debating on ordering the fittings and turning it into the T5000 dual. Just wondering if any users of both have an option of how much better it is with the 2 pumps.

other option I've been kicking around is putting one of those bubble blaster or newer high gph pumps on it. or a sequence dart with needle wheel... i know due to the height it needs a pump that can make bubbles against a decent amount of head pressure

or any cool mod ideas appreciated.

I love the skimmer, just wondering it any other RC users have played around with different pumps, or added an alita air pump etc.

Don't really see to many skimmers like this around Chicago area

appreciate any thoughts or ideas.

i currently run about a panworld 55 to feed it , its on a shelf for head height is about 8 feet , im guessing running about 800-900 gph thru it.

Thanks in advance Tim.

Timber77
11/24/2013, 07:58 PM
Answering my own question. Its even more awesome with the dual ocean runner pumps. Even my gf who hates the tank mentioned how much cleared the water looks. Its the only compliment she's ever thrown out about my "stupid fish tank" I did have to remove her closet to fit it in the bedroom so she's a bit biased. Not that the water was bad before its sps lps, and soon to have an alley of acan's. but it really seems to have taken out all yellow that comes with an aging tank. Now emptying the cup could choke a goat. I think the only downside is now I think I'm gonna have to put carbon up top of the cup due to the smell.