PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Controler programming

aetaylor
10/21/2013, 05:46 PM
Hello everyone
Now that I have my tank running, I'm trying to program start and stop times for my lights. I have tried everything to get my lights to cycle, but after using a number of programs the lights will not come on while in "auto". Here is copy of my latest program

If Time 19:25 to 19:30 Then ON

Is there anything else I need to add to make the lights cycle?
Thanks everyone.

slief
10/21/2013, 06:00 PM
Is this an older Aqua Controller or an Apex? If Apex, just change the outlet type from Advanced to Lights and set the on/off times. None the less, your code looks correct.
This is my refugium lighting code for my Apex. I'd suggest adding the Fallback OFF and Set OFF to your code but that would not prevent them from turning on.

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 19:30 to 10:00 Then ON
If Temp > 83.1 Then OFF

What kind of lights are you using and what are you sure you have them plugged into the correct outlet?

If these are very low power led's like moon lights you might try moving them and the programming to outlets 4 or 8 which are relay outlets. The other outlets don't do very well with very low draw devices. I keep things like dosing pumps and solenoids on outlets 4 and 8.

Also, FWIW, there is a dedicated Neptune forum here.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=368

aetaylor
10/21/2013, 06:06 PM
Thank you soooooo much I will give this a shot. One more question. I also have three 250watt T5s in the tank. Wow are they bright. Do they have a T5 that aren't so bright on the eyes or is just the way it has to be?

slief
10/21/2013, 06:21 PM
Thank you soooooo much I will give this a shot. One more question. I also have three 250watt T5s in the tank. Wow are they bright. Do they have a T5 that aren't so bright on the eyes or is just the way it has to be?

That depends largely on the T5's light spectrum. Some are blue and some are whiter in color. The whiter ones will tend to be brighter on the eyes. Depending on how many bulbs you have, you might consider having a mix of half and half. If it's actually 3 bulbs as you mentioned, you might even try 2 actinic (blue) and one in a lower kelvin. Personally I don't use T5's anymore. Also, are you sure those are 250 watt and not 25 watt? I may be a little rusty on T5's but I'm not aware of a T5 bulb that is 250 watts. Metal halides at 250 watts is another story.

Back to the Aqua Controller, do the lights come on when you set them to "On" manually through the software? Also, you didn't answer the question about this being an Apex or one of the older Aqua Controller versions.

aetaylor
10/21/2013, 06:22 PM
Opps! I meant 250watts MHs .as for the lights I'm trying to cycle, they are 4-T5s and my Apex aqua controller is just not turning on my lights. Grrrrrrrr.

slief
10/21/2013, 06:29 PM
You must be doing something wrong like having the ballasts plugged in to the wrong EB8 outlet or your T5 ballasts are bad or wired improperly or have the switch turned off. That or you have a bad outlet on your EB8. Can you control any outlet on your EB8? Have you tried moving the T5's to an alternate outlet?