PDA

View Full Version : New controler released today

Gino555
10/24/2013, 12:55 PM
http://www.aquatronica.com/index.php/en/component/content/article/14-sample-data-articles/154-new-touch-controller-order-it-now.

RobbyG
10/24/2013, 04:51 PM
Yeah I got the email, I am dying to see and review this new controller.
Of late it has been so static with Aquatronica because all there stuff just worked and worked without a problem. Now we have a new controller, with new features and more things to learn about.

Looking forward to seeing one.

Robert

Bui
10/24/2013, 04:59 PM
I'm excited cause now I don't have to hook up my laptop to do the more serious programming. The other thing I want to try is their DIY LED dimming module. Anyone here try it yet?

RobbyG
10/24/2013, 05:28 PM
Nope not yet but I think LED is going to be my next upgrade.

nickjj
10/25/2013, 08:47 AM
I contacted Aquatronica in Italy by email asking where I can purchase a touch controller unit in North America. They directed me to a new Distributer in Canada called Marine Tech Innovations in Laval Quebec.

Checked out their website http://www.marinetechinnovations.com/marinetech/index.php?width=1920 There isn't any AQ products on it so I guess they are still new to the product line.

I sent Marine Tech an email just now and waiting for a response.

nickjj
10/25/2013, 08:59 AM
I just found an online retailer in Canada that has the touch controller listed for pre order. This must be the retail online store for Marine Tech Innovations. I wonder if the black box version will be available as well. The funny thing is the controller was added to their web catalog on December 2012. I wasn't aware this site sold Aquatronica products.

http://www.reefconcept.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=32_297_298

nickjj
10/25/2013, 01:23 PM
I just pre ordered a Touch Controller from Reef Concept just now to take advantage of the discounted price.

Apparently they will arrive in Canada in a few weeks and then to me.

I'm still running the first generation AQ controller on my system with two power bars, web, leak, dosing, probes, it is an integral tool I could not live without.

Can't wait to get my hands on it.....

taxman95
10/25/2013, 05:32 PM
I just pre ordered a Touch Controller from Reef Concept just now to take advantage of the discounted price.

I'm still running the first generation AQ controller on my system with two power bars, web, leak, dosing, probes, it is an integral tool I could not live without.

It refers to needing a WiFi key (not included) but I don't see that listed anywhere. Wonder if my existing Ethernet module will allow you to program this wirelessly

You refer to "discounted price" I don't see anything refering to this as a discounted price

nickjj
10/25/2013, 08:33 PM
It refers to needing a WiFi key (not included) but I don't see that listed anywhere. Wonder if my existing Ethernet module will allow you to program this wirelessly

You refer to "discounted price" I don't see anything refering to this as a discounted price

The OP provided a link to the Aquatronica website showing a special price until November 30th. The price listed on Reef Concepts website is the special price based on my communication with them.

You will need to purchase a usb wireless dongle separately if you can't connect the Ethernet of the Touch Screen to your Network. These wireless dongles are relatively inexpensive ($20 to $60) and can be purchased at any electronics store. If you are connected through the Ethernet port you should be able to access the AQ Touch Screen wirelessly if you already have a wireless access point on your Network. Basically your existing wireless access point acts as the Network Hub to allow access to devices on your Network, wired or wireless.

I don't think the Ethernet Module will be required once you have the touch screen since the same functionality is built in.

On the AQ site there is a flyer link on the touch controller Article that says there are two versions of the Touch Controller, 2.5 and 3.0. The 2.5 version is on sale and it looks like the sms capability and web complete control features are not included. You can only web monitor with version 2.5. Maybe you could still use the Ethernet module for control if you did require it.

Reef Concepts has a demo unit that they sent me a picture of.

rickcasa
10/26/2013, 08:32 PM
The promise of this touch screen was what kept me from breaking down and getting an Apex. The used system I bought included a full Aquatronica setup and the darn thing just worked flawlessly...but I wanted a smartphone app...wow and now it's here.

Can anyone guess if they'll support Vortech pumps??

euod
10/30/2013, 12:27 AM
Wow! Long, long time coming. Glad I hung in there.

RobbyG
10/30/2013, 03:09 PM
The promise of this touch screen was what kept me from breaking down and getting an Apex. The used system I bought included a full Aquatronica setup and the darn thing just worked flawlessly...but I wanted a smartphone app...wow and now it's here.

Can anyone guess if they'll support Vortech pumps??

Huh there is an Aquatronica smart phone app. (iPhone that is)

RobbyG
10/30/2013, 03:11 PM
BTW I emailed Aquatronica twice and have gotten no reply.
I also cant find Davide, he seems to have dissapeared.

bru65
11/05/2013, 07:06 PM
Anyone know when the black box controller will be available?

euod
11/07/2013, 12:05 AM
They are available now.

taxman95
11/09/2013, 02:44 PM

I see the website shows them available now

Have you received yours yet?

Looking for any feedback before possibly ordering one

nickjj
11/09/2013, 03:16 PM
I haven't received it yet.

I hope it will be in the next week or so. I've waited this long since they originally said they were going to release it, what's a couple more weeks.....

I hope to start a thread when I get it as I transition my existing controller to the touch screen.

rickcasa
11/15/2013, 06:33 PM
Huh there is an Aquatronica smart phone app. (iPhone that is)

The black box controller (still yet to be released) needs a smartdevice as an interface, correct. Oh please was let the touch controller have an app option as well.

RobbyG
11/25/2013, 03:37 PM
Still no word from Aquatronica.
Numerous emails and no reply. In 8 years of dealing with them this is the first time I have heard nothing from them. And add to that Davide is missing in action!
I can only assume they have lost interest in the NA market place.

Bui
11/25/2013, 03:48 PM
I just bought the black box controller. Wish me the best of luck cause I'm not depending them for any form of support

Gino555
11/25/2013, 04:05 PM
best of luck......, I order mine touch almost couple weeks

Bui
11/25/2013, 04:14 PM
best of luck......, I order mine touch almost couple weeks

Did they tell you how long before you get your?

Gino555
11/25/2013, 09:05 PM
Will check tomorrow

nickjj
11/26/2013, 12:13 PM
Just received notification from Reef Concept that my touch controller has been shipped expedited from their location in Laval Quebec. Should get to me pretty quick since it's not crossing any borders.

They did say that they were receiving their shipment today from Aquatronica.

nickjj
11/26/2013, 12:25 PM
Still no word from Aquatronica.
Numerous emails and no reply. In 8 years of dealing with them this is the first time I have heard nothing from them. And add to that Davide is missing in action!
I can only assume they have lost interest in the NA market place.

That's odd Robby. I emailed AQ at [email protected] and got a reply pretty quick from Melissa Scolari in Customer Service back in October when they first talked about the release of the touch controller. She directed me to Marine Tech Innovation Inc for purchase information. It does look like she is an AEB SPA employee based on her email signature which is their Global company that Aquatronica is a division of.

In any event contacting Reef Concept would be your best bet if you are looking to purchase.

Gino555
11/27/2013, 09:00 AM
From Facebook : Aquatronica wrote: "dear Tuan, we are looking for a new US distributor. In the meantime you can contact Marine Tech Innovation for any need. Sorry for delay in reply."

galant711
11/29/2013, 10:46 AM
I just found an online retailer in Canada that has the touch controller listed for pre order. This must be the retail online store for Marine Tech Innovations. I wonder if the black box version will be available as well. The funny thing is the controller was added to their web catalog on December 2012. I wasn't aware this site sold Aquatronica products.

http://www.reefconcept.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=32_297_298

Do not order the Reef Concept Aquatronica goods I ordered Oct. 5 Aquatronica ACQ-140, the seller has not been any reply, until the dispute raised in paypal Nov. 12, the seller was my first reply Nov 27 producers of goods received and the threat to my paypal dispute before the revocation was sent back the goods, I now have to upgrade to the claim, and a unpleasant online shopping

tipou
11/29/2013, 08:37 PM
Do not order the Reef Concept Aquatronica goods I ordered Oct. 5 Aquatronica ACQ-140, the seller has not been any reply, until the dispute raised in paypal Nov. 12, the seller was my first reply Nov 27 producers of goods received and the threat to my paypal dispute before the revocation was sent back the goods, I now have to upgrade to the claim, and a unpleasant online shopping

Hi,
I work at Reef Concept, and when you bought the Aquatronica ACQ-140, it was clear that it was for Pre-Order (you had a discount for pre-ordering)
then on the 12 nov. you were tired of waiting and send a dispute via paypal, we answer you, telling you that if you were tired of waiting we could refund you, but the controller were suppose to arrive the week after. You never answer, so when we received the controller we again email you (via paypal) telling you that we did received the controller and that if you want us to ship it you'll just have to remove your dispute asking for a refund.

we never got any reply, and just found this post... we still have your controller waiting on the counter of the store ready to ship to you if you still want it, if not just tell us so we will refund you... all the other controllers who were pre-ordered had already been ship (same day as we received it at the store)

Gino555
11/30/2013, 01:37 PM
Got my new toy ( touch controler ) today.
Thank You Reef Concept

Bui
12/01/2013, 12:43 PM
Got my new toy ( touch controler ) today.
Thank You Reef Concept

Could you let me know if it worth the extra $300 compare to the black box. I was planning to use my ipad to control it and didn't want to spend the extra $$$ if I don't have to. The only bad new is the wait, found out last week it was pre-order also.

Gino555
12/01/2013, 12:51 PM
Did not get a chance to set it up yet. Maybe some another guys going to get theirs tomorrow , and answer your Q.

nickjj
12/02/2013, 10:56 PM
Got my controller today and started setting it up.

Make sure you download instructions from the AQ website, there wasn't any included with the controller. It does basically follow the logic of the legacy controller.

The screen itself is nicely laid out and somewhat intuitive. There are still some bugs that need to be addressed for example the leak detector has two Italian words I'm guessing mean wet or dry even though the language is set to English. I also don't understand the remote access connectivity which is tied to their website.

I plan on creating a thread so we can share our thoughts on the touch controller.

jimmy n
12/07/2013, 05:01 PM
I love my aquatronica, but without customer support, my replacement won't be one when it fails.