PDA

View Full Version : fish choice for 29 reg

JMFC
10/24/2013, 07:33 PM
I was wondering if a green mandarin and a midas blenny would be compatible in my 29 gallon tank.

The tank is 18months old and heavily populated with critters for the mandarin. There is lots of nooks and crannies for hiding spots. I have lots of sps in this tank I would like 2 interesting non aggressive fish also.

So thoughts or concerns would be appreciated thanks

TundraGuy
10/25/2013, 01:25 PM
There are lots of little critters in the tank now due to nothing eating them. Add a mandarin and watch the population drop to undetectable in a tank this size. So with this size of a set up you will want to find a source to supplement the tank with till you can train the fish to take frozen. I suggest you go to reefs2go web site they have under live food pod packs you can get they even have a deal pods plus mandarin. Is this doable sure just be prepared to add live food as needed till your little guys are situated and don't rely on the tank to produce the food its just not going to happen in the supply you need in this volume of water.

JMFC
10/25/2013, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the reply TundraGuy. I have a fuge with a large pod population as well i do plan on supplement the population with live pods. Do you think that the mandarin and blenny would get along fine?

Calappidae
10/25/2013, 09:07 PM
midas are a little aggressive for a blenny.. Live aquaria quotes "Sometimes, the Midas Blenny will vex small planktivores and has been known to nip at firefish and gobies."

I'd just keep an eye on it but it should be fine.