PDA

View Full Version : Radion Possessed?

Krazy_Karl
10/27/2013, 11:37 AM
Maybe its the Halloween season but my 3 Radion Gen 1's have been acting really strange of late. Its like they have a mind of their own and do whatever they want. I run a radiant artificial program. I believe the indicator light is supposed to be blue and right now its blinking blue/pink. The lights go through random rapid spectrum changes. Sometimes it seems as they power up to 100% instantly (which is bad for me since i top out at 80% usually). The other strange thing is I can hear the lights "clicking" as if someone was pressing the control buttons on top (which obviously I am not touching) as they either dim all the way down or change spectrum. I tried to reprogram my light schedule but it still happens. Anyone ever have this happen to them? I called support but obviously dont expect service on a Sunday.

Eastamherstbias
10/27/2013, 11:44 AM
Maybe its the Halloween season but my 3 Radion Gen 1's have been acting really strange of late. Its like they have a mind of their own and do whatever they want. I run a radiant artificial program. I believe the indicator light is supposed to be blue and right now its blinking blue/pink. The lights go through random rapid spectrum changes. Sometimes it seems as they power up to 100% instantly (which is bad for me since i top out at 80% usually). The other strange thing is I can hear the lights "clicking" as if someone was pressing the control buttons on top (which obviously I am not touching) as they either dim all the way down or change spectrum. I tried to reprogram my light schedule but it still happens. Anyone ever have this happen to them? I called support but obviously dont expect service on a Sunday.

Reset to factory settings and build a new graph and import it.

Krazy_Karl
10/27/2013, 12:06 PM
Reset to factory settings and build a new graph and import it.

Thanks for the help. Any idea why its happening/have experience with this?

Alex Y EcoTech
10/28/2013, 07:18 AM
Krazy,

The buttons on top of your Radion are being interfered with. Please follow these steps to disable the buttons and correct your issue:

1. Power down all Radions for 30 seconds
2. Start the Connection Manager
3. Connect via USB to a single Radion
4. Right click the Connection Manager icon then select "All Radions" and "Disable Radion Buttons"

Krazy_Karl
10/28/2013, 08:45 AM
Krazy,

The buttons on top of your Radion are being interfered with. Please follow these steps to disable the buttons and correct your issue:

1. Power down all Radions for 30 seconds
2. Start the Connection Manager
3. Connect via USB to a single Radion
4. Right click the Connection Manager icon then select "All Radions" and "Disable Radion Buttons"

Yup, did that yesterday and things are back to normal. Thanks for the prompt responses (also received a call back first thing in the AM), great service!

FYI - While on the phone, I was made aware of the Ecosmart Live App thats available. Its exactly what Ive been waiting for and itll satisfy my ReefLink craving for now.