PDA

View Full Version : Best 4bulb t5 combination

boxruss0
10/28/2013, 09:33 PM
I'm looking for some help here. I currently have 2 deep blue 4 bulb t5 fixtures with 3 Actinic + and 1 pure actinic. My corals look good but don't see anything really growing. I'm looking for the best 4 bulb setup for coral growth. I just ordered ati bulbs 2 aquablue and 2 coral+ What should i do?? Please help!!!!

rtparty
10/28/2013, 10:34 PM
8 bulbs total? Are they side by side or front to back?

I'd go with 2 blue plus and 2 coral plus in each fixture if they are side by side.

boxruss0
10/29/2013, 05:55 AM
yeah 8 total so 4 in each fixture. The bulbs go front to back.

QPWithCheeseQP
10/29/2013, 07:44 AM
I have a 4 bulb t5 fixture with

front
Purple plus
blue plus
coral plus
blue plus
back

the color looks good, I really like the ati bulbs, my LPS love em. Depending on how white you want it to look you could replace a coral plus for a blue plus to look more 20k ish because the coral plus kinda over powers the blues

QPWithCheeseQP
10/29/2013, 07:50 AM
I should have mentioned that the blue plus do get good growth, my hammer has split from 3 heads to 5 in like the past 3 weeks... and the purple plus are a great accent light if you want warm colors to stand out more in your tank.

Tron_954
10/29/2013, 08:59 AM
I have a 4 bulb t5 fixture with

front
Purple plus
blue plus
coral plus
blue plus
back

the color looks good, I really like the ati bulbs, my LPS love em. Depending on how white you want it to look you could replace a coral plus for a blue plus to look more 20k ish because the coral plus kinda over powers the blues

I currently run this and it is much too red for my taste even for a cool 14-16k color... I am in the process of deciding to swap the Purple+ for a Coral+... as per Ryan's recommendations

QPWithCheeseQP
10/29/2013, 09:15 AM
I currently run this and it is much too red for my taste even for a cool 14-16k color... I am in the process of deciding to swap the Purple+ for a Coral+... as per Ryan's recommendations

I didnt get too much red, but you probably have a better fixture than me as I'm on a starving college students budget. You would probably get better growth switching the purple + for a coral +. Or if you put the purple+ in the back of the line up it would mellow out under the other bulbs and keep the the warm colors of the tank looking good.

Tron_954
10/29/2013, 09:20 AM
Well, the thing is, the Coral+ has about 10+ of the phosphors being Purple+, while the other %'s combine for Blue+ and Aquablue...

And yes, its the ATI Dimmable LOL... Super Bright!

QPWithCheeseQP
10/29/2013, 09:25 AM
Well, the thing is, the Coral+ has about 10+ of the phosphors being Purple+, while the other %'s combine for Blue+ and Aquablue...

And yes, its the ATI Dimmable LOL... Super Bright!

Nice haha im jealous. Really I dont think you could wrong with any combination of ati bulbs it just comes down to preference. The coral+ is a fantastic bulb.

Tron_954
10/29/2013, 09:33 AM
Nice haha im jealous. Really I dont think you could wrong with any combination of ati bulbs it just comes down to preference. The coral+ is a fantastic bulb.

Ya they are great, Im just unhappy with a slight red touch the tank has when all bulbs are lit... So by going two and two I'm hoping it stays the same temp but loses the red tone while still popping the reds and tans...

QPWithCheeseQP
10/29/2013, 09:43 AM
Ya they are great, Im just unhappy with a slight red touch the tank has when all bulbs are lit... So by going two and two I'm hoping it stays the same temp but loses the red tone while still popping the reds and tans...

It should help but the reds wont pop nearly as much.

Tron_954
10/29/2013, 09:46 AM
It should help but the reds wont pop nearly as much.

We shall see... I'm trusting Ryan's T5 expertise on this one!

Savoie83
10/29/2013, 09:56 AM
I have a teck light with same combination and I find it too white/red.

Blue+
Purple fiji
Coral+
Blue+

Good idea to try 2x coral+. Anyone have a pic?

Tron_954
10/29/2013, 09:59 AM
Ryan swears by it, Ill have it set up by Friday and can let you know.. I fear 3 B+ & 1 C+ will be toooooo blue...