PDA

View Full Version : APEX Lite

rdnyva
10/31/2013, 10:11 AM
I just upgraded to an APEX Lite. For some reason I can't access the video on the CD that came with it, so I'm kind of winging it. Lights, heater, chiller etc are straightforward and easy to program but I'm having a problem figuring out how to program multiple on/off events every day. For instance I'm using BRS dosers, how do I program them to come on and off 3 times per day.

Also having trouble connecting to my network but I'll save that question for later.

Thanks

aquamanic
10/31/2013, 11:31 AM
Use the 'advanced' mode in the outlet configuration so you can program it directly instead of using the fill in the blanks wizard.

You have a couple of choices. Easiest is just to use multiple 'if time' statements. For example:

Set Off
If Time 08:00 to 08:01 Then ON
If Time ....

That will run your dosers for essentially 2 minutes however often per day you choose. However, if that's too long, then there's another way to do it and that's to use the oscillate statement.

OSC 0:00/:30/479:30 Then ON

That will run your doser for 30 seconds every 8 hours. You can play with the times and durations as you wish.

Those are two ways to solve the problem. There's an excellent dosing tool at reeftronics.net that will generate the code you need based on your dosing requirements. Just copy/paste that code into your outlet program.

rdnyva
10/31/2013, 12:30 PM
Thanks for your input. I can't seem to find the advanced mode in the outlet configuration. Maybe it's because I'm using the display to program it, I can't seem to get on the network.

aquamanic
10/31/2013, 12:53 PM
You'll never do it using the display. You need a PC.

Get your controller on the network - all this programming will be sooooooo much easier if you do. Start a new thread for your issue. In fact, go over to the Neptune forums to do it. Start it in the networking forum.

forum.neptunesystems.com

rdnyva
10/31/2013, 01:11 PM
Isn't this the Neptune forum?

aquamanic
10/31/2013, 02:09 PM
See here:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2251776

rdnyva
10/31/2013, 02:17 PM
Thanks