PDA

View Full Version : Radion pro owners

heller792
11/01/2013, 12:37 PM
Hi all, Ive recently decided to change from ati t5 unit as i don't like the flat light they produce compared to my old halides. A friend has lent me 2x250w halides which im running while i look for a radion at the right price. Any way, im a little apprehensive about trying led's so im going to run one at side of one of the halides to see how they compare. I will leave them like that for a few weeks. My question is, will i be impressed or disappointing? Are you very happy with yours? My tank is 90 percent sps corals and 22 inch from water surface to sand.

Thanks, Dave

outssider
11/01/2013, 05:50 PM
a few weeks isn't long enough to draw any conclusions. I have one small tank up for over a year and a half with led and still can't draw to many definite conclusions.

rtparty
11/01/2013, 11:20 PM
ATI LED powermodule. Best of both worlds.

WeMa
11/01/2013, 11:51 PM
2 weeks isn't enough time to even acclimate your corals to the LEDs, you'll need at least 2 months, the more the better of course. I am on week 3 of my acclimation to radions from 250s and so far I am very happy with my choice. I have a mixed reef with a little of everything, and have had no negative response and the colors of everything look a LOT better.

mikeatjac
11/02/2013, 12:04 AM
Had radion pros since they came out. I love them. 100% SPS.

TT01
11/02/2013, 01:55 AM
Go with the radions, they have pretty nice features you won't have with T5's or MH. The software in the web is not the best since sometimes has conflicts when you are doing changes but they are improving.

I went from T5+MH to leds six months ago and my corals looks great and healthy.