PDA

View Full Version : JBJ 30 Rimless ---- Can i do a refugium ?

faib_reef
11/05/2013, 02:00 AM
hello everyone ,

I am looking into getting a JBJ 30 RL and would like to know if I can run a refugium on the filtration that it comes with already. in other words has anyone ever done a refugium with the filtration section that it comes with already, using chaeto too.

right now i have a 20 gallon with a HOB refugium and would like to use the same concept on the JBJ 30 once i get it.

i havent seen anyone with a refugium on their JBJ 30 RL, and would like to know if thats possible

AquaBogie
11/08/2013, 02:33 PM
hello everyone ,

I am looking into getting a JBJ 30 RL and would like to know if I can run a refugium on the filtration that it comes with already. in other words has anyone ever done a refugium with the filtration section that it comes with already, using chaeto too.

right now i have a 20 gallon with a HOB refugium and would like to use the same concept on the JBJ 30 once i get it.

i havent seen anyone with a refugium on their JBJ 30 RL, and would like to know if thats possible

I was wondering the exact same thing, I own a JBJ 30 as we speak. And I was wondering if I could do a HOB refugium like the CPR http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3618.

solitude127
11/08/2013, 04:05 PM
You can have chaeto growing back there but I wouldn't consider it a true refugium. The backing is just a sticker and can be cut away so that you can add an external light for the chaeto to grow. You'd probably have to not use one of the media baskets to place the chaeto.

AquaBogie
11/08/2013, 04:58 PM
You can have chaeto growing back there but I wouldn't consider it a true refugium. The backing is just a sticker and can be cut away so that you can add an external light for the chaeto to grow. You'd probably have to not use one of the media baskets to place the chaeto.

What about a Hang on the Back Refugium like the one from CPR would that work on the tank or would that be too much weight back there?

AquaBogie
11/11/2013, 03:31 PM
As an Update I spoke with a rep from JBJ here in Cali and the guy said he has the Medium HOB Refugium on his and it works just fine. Other than the small mod needed to be made to prevent micro bubbles he needed to add a PVC pipe to reduce the drop down, but the tank will hold the weight no problem.