PDA

View Full Version : Replaced sediment and carbon block in RODI

Sugar Magnolia
11/09/2013, 09:21 AM
As the title states, replaced those two cartridges in my RODI unit, first time since I bought the unit. How long do I need to run water through it to flush the cartridges or does it even matter?

Thanks!

96slowbra
11/09/2013, 09:38 AM
i couldn't find info when i did mine a month ago. i just dumped the first 5 gallons and had no negative effect

Misled
11/09/2013, 09:44 AM
You really don't have to run anything extra. All the sediment and carbon blocks do is protect the membrane. The membrane and DI should still remove everything.

Sugar Magnolia
11/09/2013, 09:44 AM
Yeah, I figured I'd just fill up the washing machine with both the waste and the output and call it good. Thanks for the input!

Thanks Jesse! Still a newb with this RODI thing. I still have a year to go before I need to replace the RO membrane.

Misled
11/09/2013, 10:31 AM
If you are regular at changing pre-filters, a membrane can last a long time. The last time I changed mine was about 4 years ago. Keep an eye on input TDS and TDS at the output of the membrane. When the % starts to rise at the membrane's output, then change it.

Buckeye Hydro
11/09/2013, 11:34 AM
sediment filter doesn't need to be rinsed. 10 minutes on the carbon block. 10 minutes or until the water rund clear on GAC or CGAC carts.

Russ