PDA

View Full Version : Apex Email

fda483
11/11/2013, 09:02 PM
Just noticed the post on the Apex BB that the email and text messages from the gmx.com mail service no longer is working with the Apex configuration. I do not pretend to understand why, but I tested mine and sure enough the alerts were not received. Switched over to the recommended config for my old AOL email and it seems to work fine.

If you use this service you might want to check it out.

Joe

LefkoNJ
11/11/2013, 09:10 PM
Service was killed. No fix right now either.

Chicago
11/14/2013, 07:34 PM
arg.. I was just about to ask what I am doing wrong.. and saw this.. just wasted hour plus trying to figure out.. what are you guys using now?

dread240
11/14/2013, 08:15 PM
ezsmtp i believe it is for me right now, however apex fusion is about to get released as a beta, which you'll no longer need a mail service, neptune will take care of it themselves

Chicago
11/14/2013, 08:33 PM
so fraustrating.. I just replaced with my Comcast email and it worked and now it wont.. does that sound correct.. why worked once and not again.. which carriers will work.

gmail...no
gmx..no

Comcast?
yahoo?

???

dread240
11/14/2013, 08:51 PM
It's been very frustrating for a lot of people... that's why they're putting this service into the cloud to keep people from having these problems

fda483
11/14/2013, 08:56 PM
The basic aol config seems to work fine - at least it does today lol.

Joe

Chicago
11/14/2013, 09:05 PM
Comcast is working but not smoothly..

hector1010
11/15/2013, 02:48 PM
yahoo.will work just fine. have my email coming trough yahoo.

ska d
11/15/2013, 06:44 PM
ezsmtp i believe it is for me right now, however apex fusion is about to get released as a beta, which you'll no longer need a mail service, neptune will take care of it themselves

hold on. its just a beta that is being launched for Fusion. i thought the beta testing was done. very disappointing. and its beyond frustrating. i didnt buy this unit so i could wait for email alerts. that was one of the biggest selling points for me over other products. now i dont even get to use that feature. i still love my apex but i hate feeling like i got ripped off. and right now i feel ripped off.

dread240
11/15/2013, 06:49 PM
smtp2go is the service I'm using... good for 20 e-mails a day i think it is free to hold you over for the time being

HiImSean
11/17/2013, 04:41 PM
yahoo.will work just fine. have my email coming trough yahoo.

this. Yahoo works perfectly

SMTP Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
SMPT Port: 587

mkoop
11/17/2013, 09:34 PM
I purchased my apex last week and just got it yesterday. Got around to setting it up today and ran into this same issue.

The thread here: http://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?1957-GMX-and-Apex-Compatibility-Issues

Provides a firmware update that makes the GMX mail service work again. I had the same issue, clicked the box to test email, got nothing, tried it 5 times. Updated this firmware and it worked immediately. The neptune rep in the thread provides the windows and mac firmware links, just read the read-me and follow the directions, its simple.

dentnshell
11/18/2013, 08:31 PM
I purchased my apex last week and just got it yesterday. Got around to setting it up today and ran into this same issue.

The thread here: http://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?1957-GMX-and-Apex-Compatibility-Issues

Provides a firmware update that makes the GMX mail service work again. I had the same issue, clicked the box to test email, got nothing, tried it 5 times. Updated this firmware and it worked immediately. The neptune rep in the thread provides the windows and mac firmware links, just read the read-me and follow the directions, its simple.

If the firmware update does work I am sure it is short lived! I know it did work for a while but believe it no longer does. I know the update did work on my unit but stopped some time later. I am now using smtp2go as they suggest.

fda483
11/18/2013, 09:11 PM
Its great they pushed out an update, but since the AOL config is still working I'm sticking with it for now. Lets see what Fusion brings.

Joe