PDA

View Full Version : Jebao DC12000, external?

das75
11/14/2013, 05:15 PM
wondering if they can be run external?

bozoman
11/14/2013, 06:23 PM
I am using 2 atm to run my closed loops. The customer service rep did not "recommend" it, but they are performing well so far. However, they will always leak a drop every now and then. I have mounted the pumps above my sump, so the few drops that does get past the seal go right back into the system without affecting things long term.

Quick_Ben
11/14/2013, 07:28 PM
I've been running a dc6000 external for a while without any signs of leaks. The connections are basically a ring that tightens against a rubber seal. Two pieces that need to be finger tight seem to work pretty well. I just received a 12000 for the DT that will go in-sump with a manifold (yet to be built). Should have enough flow for a bunch of accessory lines running off the return, hopefully. This should allow me to get rid of a few smaller pumps. Haven't opened the box yet but will check it out tomorrow.

alan.reef
11/14/2013, 08:16 PM
Please let us know, does it run hot in sump?

das75
11/14/2013, 08:48 PM
I was more concerned for cooling since obviously no fan. Was the Customer Service rep recommending against because of overheating or leaking?

The leak from the seal, take it to mean from between the pump casing (volute) and the motor housing. Wondering why with a o-ring?

bozoman
11/15/2013, 01:09 AM
The rep was concerned with small leaks as heat is not much of an issue with DC pumps. Pumps are always cool to the touch. The contact seal could/should have been designed better making it leakproof. I have not been successful in completely stopping leaks between the casing and the housing, but have been able to reduce it to only being noticable through salt creep. I find re-assembly after maintenance to be tedious and unneccessarily difficult. Getting the pump put back together without leaks usually takes me a few tries before I am satisfied.