PDA

View Full Version : Help removing Jabeo Wp40 grill

Tobyhornet
11/16/2013, 05:37 AM
Hi, My Jabeo wp40 has got a little noisier in last day or so, so I wanted to clean the impellor. Instructions say to twist the front grill anticlockwise but what ever way I twist it is not even close to detaching so I can get to the impeller. Anyone any experience they can share?
I don't want to damage the unit by forcing it.

Ron Reefman
11/16/2013, 05:56 AM
The instructions are correct. Looking at the front of the pump, twist the grill counter clockwise. It takes a pretty good amount of force to get it to 'pop' loose. It's just locking tabs that snap together. After you get it, you'll say to yourself, "I just needed to twist it a little bit harder!" Running hot or cold water over it before you try to turn it mat help.

IOWNYOU
11/16/2013, 09:31 AM
Yup...give it quite a twist. No, not with your hip LOL.
I had the same problem so I used a flat head screwdriver to pop it open. Stick it in the slot and out it'll go.

Allentown
11/16/2013, 10:29 AM
Counter clock wise twist worked for me.

Tobyhornet
11/16/2013, 07:20 PM
Thanks guys, I will probably try a screwdriver if twisting fails again. I could not have given it any more twisting force than I have done already, the blurb says 'easy maintenance' too!

ReefPharmer
11/16/2013, 10:37 PM
Above posters are correct. Try putting a hand towel over the front part of the grill to get some better grip. You shouldn't need a screwdriver.

mixedreefjunky
11/16/2013, 10:42 PM
Mine was super easy. I took it apart today for the first time to clean it after 4 months.