PDA

View Full Version : My protein skimmer is not foaming

mymslr
11/17/2013, 09:35 AM
I had a problem with overheating so I too out my skimmer and cleaned it to make sure It was not clogged. Also cleaned the pump. Now my skimmer will not foam. The water in it is turning but it is completely clear. What did I do. I've adjusted it multiple times but the water is still clear and it's not foaming.

duperdave
11/17/2013, 09:47 AM
I know one time I put a piece in my skimmer upside down and it didn't produce any bubbles

mymslr
11/17/2013, 09:51 AM
Hmmm. I'll look again but I can't imagine what would be upside down. Thanks.

jinks
11/17/2013, 09:53 AM
I have a hob that does this some times. If I pinch the air line for a few it will get suction again and start back up. You can also try blowing in the air line.

mymslr
11/17/2013, 09:57 AM
Hey thank you because you made me go back and look and what happened was that I left the plastic air return under water and it has to be out of the water. Thanks again. Working fine now

duperdave
11/17/2013, 09:59 AM
Cool never hurts to double check

shaginwagon13
11/17/2013, 11:48 AM
I had a problem with overheating so I too out my skimmer and cleaned it to make sure It was not clogged. Also cleaned the pump. Now my skimmer will not foam. The water in it is turning but it is completely clear. What did I do. I've adjusted it multiple times but the water is still clear and it's not foaming.

Your skimmer will not produce foam because of the cleaning you gave it. You would have noticed when cleaning that your skimmer had a 'slimy' layer to the inside of it which is what appears when its 'broken in'. Since you cleaned it, that layer is now gone. Give it a couple day to break in again and you will have your foam.