PDA

View Full Version : When do I add anemones

Nathonian
11/19/2013, 03:25 PM
I just got a 30 gallon tank and I want to eventually get a pair of clowns and anemone. I was just curious if anyone had a recommendation for beginning reefkeepers as to what pairings work well and when to add them. Thanks in advance!

Mr tap water
11/19/2013, 04:37 PM
Hi there
I found bubble tips are fairly easy to look after but most people say you shouldn't introduce them until your tank is mature or at least a year old and you can't always guarantee that the clowns will go into them sometimes I don't

AvitalIsHigh
11/19/2013, 04:51 PM
Add the two of them at the same time. You should acclomate them in the same bag. This way when they are released they are more likey to form a relationship. If you feed the anenome or start with established rocks you are good to get one from the start.

sh0ck
11/19/2013, 05:10 PM
Add the two of them at the same time. You should acclomate them in the same bag. This way when they are released they are more likey to form a relationship. If you feed the anenome or start with established rocks you are good to get one from the start.

And thats how sad stories start

Shia
11/19/2013, 05:39 PM
I got my RBTA a few months after I set up my tank, and right now it is doing great. I got it bleached and thought it was pink, turned out to be blood red. Take your time, but it can be tough initially. One thing I have heard good things about is get some saltwater from lfs or local reefer that comes from their tanks and put it in yours. This of course is when you are initially cycling. Add sugar (dosage is somewhere on here) and the bacteria should thrive. Some anemones are much easier than other. BTAs are great for someone who has never kept anemones before.

Big Dave PDX
11/19/2013, 08:44 PM

DO NOT acclimate them in the same bag! You may end up killing your clowns. It takes time for the clowns to get used to the sting from the nem. When they are ready, they will go in the nem - could be 5 minutes, could be never...

Nathonian
11/21/2013, 10:13 AM
I think he was just referring to the clowns being added in the same bag. Not necessarily the anemone