PDA

View Full Version : Rock fell on carpet it started moving around tank

Alexwilson1337
11/20/2013, 10:27 AM
Well the carpet I've had for about 3ish weeks that stayed where I placed it in my display tank has started to move after my clown dug a hole to deep under the rock the carpet buried itself under. Problem is that now it's moved and is within 1cm of one of my bubble tip nems. Should I move one or the other? How do I deal with an over protective b&w occ who won't let me put my hand in the tank? Please help

tanked_life
11/20/2013, 07:12 PM
Yes, you should most definitely move one of the nems preferably the carpet anemone because it is less fragile and easier to find a spot that he likes. This is a must because if you do not move them, there will be a harmful consequence to either one due to chemical warfare. As for the clown what do you mean? does he bite you? If so does it hurt enough that you can't move the nem ?

Alexwilson1337
11/20/2013, 10:18 PM
Alright ill what I can do. The clown is relentless at make sure my hand isn't in the tank she won't let anything happen problem with the carpet is it's a s.HAddoni and is in the sand

tanked_life
11/21/2013, 07:52 PM
Yes I would suggest moving the carpet nem out of the sand and possibly up against the glass or wall because if left buried like it is now it will cause it much stress. good thing is S.Haddoni isnt as temperamental or sensitive as the other anemones or even S.Gigantea.

hope this helps.

sonoma2nv
11/21/2013, 08:01 PM
i would never do a carpet if ur scared of losing fi
sh or corals

jon1985
11/22/2013, 07:48 AM
I wouldn't be worried about my corals as much with a carpet as I would with a bubble tip. The carpet, given enough light, will stay in the sand, where as a bta will move all over the rock if it isn't happy. Fish are definetly a risk, however I have only lost 2 fish to my carpet in about 4 years, one sick clown, and a coral beauty that my nasty damsels pulled into the carpet.

As for your question, it depends how far apart they are, if they aren't touching I wouldn't be to worried.

Alexwilson1337
11/22/2013, 10:25 AM
I feed it twice a week so I'm not to worried about the clowns they're doing great in it I did lose a mandarin goby the first night. Just worried about the bta tried to move it and couldn't get it off the rock lol

tanked_life
11/26/2013, 10:25 AM
I feed it twice a week so I'm not to worried about the clowns they're doing great in it I did lose a mandarin goby the first night. Just worried about the bta tried to move it and couldn't get it off the rock lol

Take an ice cube and touch his foot with it. this should cause him to retract slightly enough for you to pry your finger between him and the rock and tickle his foot to get him to release. Do not try what other people tell you and shove a powerhead directly at him! Bad idea and will defiantly have repercussions to this.

Alexwilson1337
11/26/2013, 01:41 PM
Sorry forgot to update the bta finally move away from the haddoni after they "fought" for the place he carpet is now residing just glad the bubble didn't die lol

tanked_life
11/26/2013, 05:27 PM
Sorry forgot to update the bta finally move away from the haddoni after they "fought" for the place he carpet is now residing just glad the bubble didn't die lol

I would be interested to see a picture of the two together if you snagged one before they separated. Also a picture if there is any evident harm done