PDA

View Full Version : Two Little Bandits :)

WayneL333
11/22/2013, 03:41 PM
Hey everyone,

These little guys arrived today from Rufus. They were just collected on Sunday. They're about 2". Sorry about the crappy video. I don't have the lights on in their QT tank yet. They've already took a couple of bites of some mysis and clam so so far so good.

Hopefully they'll get along with my other angels and are coral friendly!

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="640" height="360" src="http://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/2924633758_kmhXg4q?width=640&height=360&albumId=29220296&albumKey=3RHbRn"></iframe>

I'll post a better video in a few days when they're more acclimated and I turn the lights on. Thanks for looking.

bullitr
11/22/2013, 03:50 PM
Congrats buddy

Hopefully I can help you find a small conspic.

RayL
11/22/2013, 04:40 PM
Congrats on the new inhabitants. Bandits are my favourite and I finally got one, so as I am jealous that you have two compared to my one, I am still happy right now.

I got mine about a week ago, he started eating clam instantly, brine the next day, and by day 4 he was eating mysis and pellets. He is now an absolute pig.

You have an amazing collection of fish and I wish you good luck with the bandits when you add them to the DT. They will make a great addition

Allmost
11/22/2013, 04:44 PM
wow, they look really GOOOD ! congrats.

aquaph8
11/22/2013, 05:37 PM
Nice Wayne! I wish I could keep my water cool enough for those, it's too hot in Tucson :)

Dmorty217
11/22/2013, 05:39 PM
Very nice, you have quite the collection of fish going!

paka
11/22/2013, 05:52 PM
Congrats Wayne!
Those are lovely and I know you've been wanting little bandits.
:fun4:

humaguy
11/22/2013, 05:57 PM
yeah baby, so glad you got them!
they are perhaps my favorite all-time fish as their personalities are as cool as it gets...they surpass most every other trig and angel, personality wise, that I have ever interacted with, they are truly little puppies....and remain as one of the only fish to actually seek out divers to interact with...enjoy them...

Ngoodermuth
11/22/2013, 06:04 PM
Wow, they are nice! I noticed they were flashing at each other, is this a pair? I've only recently started looking more at angels.

hedgedrew
11/22/2013, 06:20 PM
Wayne. I got one like this from rufus about a month ago. Nice. Mine is great

WayneL333
11/22/2013, 07:52 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind words. Sorry, I got side tracked a little...I had to install my...I mean my kids' Xbox One.

Nice Wayne! I wish I could keep my water cool enough for those, it's too hot in Tucson :)

I can only imagine how hard it would be to keep a tank cool during summers in AZ!

Congrats Wayne!
Those are lovely and I know you've been wanting little bandits.
:fun4:

Thank you Karen. I was trying to be patient waiting for your CB ones, but I couldn't resist. I still would love a pair of yours though when you do breed them.

yeah baby, so glad you got them!
they are perhaps my favorite all-time fish as their personalities are as cool as it gets...they surpass most every other trig and angel, personality wise, that I have ever interacted with, they are truly little puppies....and remain as one of the only fish to actually seek out divers to interact with...enjoy them...

Thanks Ted. I can already tell they've got a lot of personality. Even though they're dichromatic, they have amazing details in their patterns. I'm going to try to take a nice macro pic when they settle in a bit.

Wayne. I got one like this from rufus about a month ago. Nice. Mine is great

This pair completes basically all the fish I had on my list. There are a couple more I wouldn't mind having if they became available but I'm not hunting them down like I did with these.

How are your Peps and Narc doing? Truthfully, they've gone down on my want list a couple of notches. From all that I've read, I'm a little leery of them being able to hold their own in my reef tank with all the angels that I have now. I'd most likely have to set up a separate tank like you if I ever had the opportunity to get one. Most likely, I'd just upgrade my refugium tank to something larger, but it would be a travesty to keep the holy grail fish in a refugium. Oh well, it'd be a good problem to have though.

jyxie
11/22/2013, 08:22 PM
great size for these fish!
good luck!

roni
11/22/2013, 08:23 PM
Beautiful fish! What temp are you keeping your display? Other then price, the thing that's scared me off is temp. Mine usually runs 78-81. I imagine you'd have to shoot for 77-78 as the highest for these guys?

dotcommer
11/22/2013, 08:25 PM
Those are beautiful fish, would love to get a pair in the near future.
Do you mind me asking what the pair costs you?
What temp water do they need to be in?

WayneL333
11/22/2013, 08:44 PM
I run my dt on the cooler side...75.5-76.5.

These little ones were on the pricier side. Rufus said there's a pretty big demand for smaller ones in Japan and Hong Kong. I'll pm you the price I paid. I don't know if I'd be breaking any rules posting them here.

WayneL333
11/22/2013, 08:51 PM
Wow, they are nice! I noticed they were flashing at each other, is this a pair? I've only recently started looking more at angels.

No, they weren't a bonded pair. The one that is slightly larger is trying to establish its dominance. It'll be interesting yo see how they interact with my Interrupti and Clarion.

WayneL333
11/22/2013, 08:56 PM
Congrats buddy

Hopefully I can help you find a small conspic.

Thanks bud. I'd definitely like to try a small Conspiculatus again. Maybe not as small as last time, but yeah a 2 or 3 incher would be nice.

Blue Ring Sting
11/23/2013, 03:26 AM
There was a 6 cm one available for you now but there is a bit of a problem with the health certificate. So to get it to you may be a problem. It was just over $ 3000.

WayneL333
11/25/2013, 11:44 AM
Hi everyone,

I snapped these two pics today. It's the best pics I could get under the circumstances. I'm happy to report, they're both settling in very well and have eaten a variety of foods :)

http://waynel333.smugmug.com/Other/Fish/i-2NG4BR8/0/X3/Bandit%202%20small-X3.jpg

http://waynel333.smugmug.com/Other/Fish/i-NMwzFbX/0/X3/Bandit%201%20small-X3.jpg

dotcommer
11/29/2013, 12:21 PM
Great pics. So glad to hear they are doing well. Thanks for keeping us updated.

rachenbrazil
11/29/2013, 03:54 PM
So beautifull ....