PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Leak Detection Module

Waddleboy
11/23/2013, 03:48 PM
This is by no way a bash or a criticism towards Neptune itself, but what can the ALD module do that you could not do before with the break out box and sensors? Other than it being a plug and play module with minor programming vs plugging in open/closed circuit water sensors into the break out box what is the difference?

I have heard that you can tell where you have a water leak, but with a virtual outlet on the breakout box you could have done the same. Maybe I am missing something but maybe someone can clarify this for me? Thanks!

aquamanic
11/23/2013, 04:01 PM
Lots of people don't like to (or can't) DIY a solution - they prefer to just buy something that works out of the box.

Waddleboy
11/23/2013, 04:03 PM
So the module does not offer any other advantage? I guess bottom line is, I am trying to decide whether or not to purchase it and I was trying to see if I missed anything in my research

aquamanic
11/23/2013, 04:58 PM
No, leak detection is pretty simple. I will say that the ALD is very sensitive. The other sensors out there that are dry contact will probably not be as sensitive. Neptune spent some money developing the sensors and there's a bit of circuitry there. Any sensor will detect a puddle of water but these will detect dampness.