PDA

View Full Version : SC Aquarium Plug and Play Setup Question ?

mr3ndlezz
11/23/2013, 11:36 PM
Hi,
At first, i'm sorry if i post wrong place. Does anyone have experience on this setup ? link is here http://www.scaquariums.com/50-gallon-system-details.html
I'm looking for a new rimless setup. It look nice.
Let me know if you have any pics, reviews about it. Thanks

Soundwave
11/24/2013, 01:00 AM
Looks pretty good. I just don't understand why they put their own skimmer in such a deep chamber. I have the SCA-301 skimmer on my frag tank and have to keep the depth around 6" or so. It's almost up to the neck in their setup. I know it can be raised but I'm not sure their stand will support the height of the skimmer after doing so.

mr3ndlezz
11/24/2013, 02:25 AM
IMO you have to let your skimmer sit higher on eggcrate and pvc. I have to raise my 302 skimmer 3" in my sump. so water level around 9" , equal with red plate inside body skimmer. It's really really sensitive skimmer.
I just get tired with big FO tank, want to move on small size rimless tank. But i dont know about the quality of their systems.
Or do you know any rimless plug and play system on market ?

funkyfish77
11/24/2013, 03:01 AM
Sorry for going off topic . Mr3ndlezz what kind of bike are you on in your profile pic . Looks like a R1 .

Funky

I have a skimmers by these guys god stuff .

mr3ndlezz
11/24/2013, 03:06 AM
Sorry for going off topic . Mr3ndlezz what kind of bike are you on in your profile pic . Looks like a R1 .

Funky

I have a skimmers by these guys god stuff .

I saw it on Tampa Motor Show 2012- MV Agusta F3

funkyfish77
11/24/2013, 03:30 AM
If the tank is the same quality as the skimmers it will be descent quality . The sump is lacking . The water level in the skimmer chamber only goes up about half way water flows under the baffle of the media chamber .

Funky

bluzepher1
11/24/2013, 06:25 AM
Hi,
At first, i'm sorry if i post wrong place. Does anyone have experience on this setup ? link is here http://www.scaquariums.com/50-gallon-system-details.html
I'm looking for a new rimless setup. It look nice.
Let me know if you have any pics, reviews about it. Thanks

Nice price. I have their skimmer, works great.

mr3ndlezz
11/25/2013, 10:26 PM
Agree, good skimmer, pull out alots of junk but crazy sensitive.