PDA

View Full Version : Chalk Bass help

Da Maui life
11/24/2013, 12:30 AM
I have one of two chalk bass in QT that has developed popeye, one eye only eye is clear. They have been in 20 g QT for two days, as with all new fish in QT I treat with Prazi both fish are eating well. I'm leaning towards trauma,scratch, scrape or bruise to the eye such as fish net abrasion from shipper but it may be bacterial or fungal in nature as well? Not sure what corures I should take, broad spectrum antibiotic or feedings of foods soaked in selcon or another type of liquid vitamin?

Newsmyrna80
11/24/2013, 06:28 AM
My flame angel had it due to injury. It went away after a few days. Some people recommend Epsom salt but I don't know the protocol. You could search it on this forum or maybe someone will chime in.

Da Maui life
11/24/2013, 08:12 AM
My flame angel had it due to injury. It went away after a few days. Some people recommend Epsom salt but I don't know the protocol. You could search it on this forum or maybe someone will chime in.

1tsp of Epsom salt per 5g of tank water to reduce the swelling.

Mrscribbled
11/24/2013, 08:16 AM
I'd go ahead and dose the espom salt, it's by far the safest medication to use. The dosage can be repeated in three days if the eye is not healed.

Da Maui life
11/24/2013, 08:28 AM
I'd go ahead and dose the espom salt, it's by far the safest medication to use. The dosage can be repeated in three days if the eye is not healed.
Thanks, for the info. I did find dosage treatment:

Da Maui life
12/06/2013, 11:07 PM
Update on the condition/treatment. After two doses of epsom salt the CB had no reduction in swollen eye, slight increase while dosing Epsom salt at this point I figured the underlying problem was more likely bacterial infection. I removed the fish from QT and placed in HT administered one full course of F-2 the CB’s swollen eye has almost subsided completely.