PDA

View Full Version : I think everything is ok, but...

Pko9876
11/24/2013, 08:46 PM
My new zoas won't open!
I have some zoas that won't open...
When I got home I dipped them for about 5 minutes in MediCoral.
They were open for a short amount of time after in their new tank, but now they have been fully closed up for almost 2 days!
I decided to re-dip them. The rock they were attached to also had a clam attached to it. I took the thing out and dipped it again. Some (bugs) were swimming around and eventually died. I decided to rip the clam away from the rock, and also another rock that was sort of attached to the main rock. I now have 1 dead clam with a polyp on it, a main rock with 8 or 9 polyps, and a smaller rock with 2 visible polyps. Turns out, a f-king worm came out of something in the process of breaking everything apart! There was also an orangish/reddish (bug) that was wiggling around in the dip water. I swapped to a freshwater dip for 15-20 seconds and put the 3 frags into a QT. They have not opened yet, and are under 2 10,000ks and 2 actinics

The Blue Hippo Tang I got (came with ich) is now very active. Still has a bunch of little spots, but it swims around at the front of the tank a whole lot and appears to be eating the seaweed i put in the tank (did see it eat, but the seaweed looks to be nipped at.

In the 55 gallon, the flame angel is very active. My Lawnmower Blenny is eating at the rocks plenty. The yellow watchman goby hangs out at the back of the tank behind some rocks, which is slightly disappointing. I haven't seen the Tiger Pistol Shrimp in 2 days, and I am very disappointed that the goby and shrimp did not pair up.

Any advice/thoughts/comments/tips welcome. Thanks for reading :D

Pko9876
11/24/2013, 11:40 PM
I actually found a second worm... turned off the lights, waited for an hour or two, and shined a light down there. He swam away and I scooped him up in a cup and dumped him in the toilet. Either I'll keep finding worms or my zoas will open up soon, hopefully!

robotman
11/25/2013, 12:12 AM
I actually found a second worm... turned off the lights, waited for an hour or two, and shined a light down there. He swam away and I scooped him up in a cup and dumped him in the toilet. Either I'll keep finding worms or my zoas will open up soon, hopefully!

Could take days for your zoas to get accustomed to the placement flow and lighting you have, can you describe the worms that you are finding? and is your tang into your dt display with ich and all the other fish? if so its more then likely its not ich or everything would have died quite quickly, more then likely stress bumps, my tang gets them every so often. should have added the angel last :/, and dont be worried more then likely your goby and pistol shrimp will find each other eventually and pair up. they get lost for a time and finally pair. Sounds like everything is going right!, keep at it!

Pko9876
11/25/2013, 09:22 AM
Could take days for your zoas to get accustomed to the placement flow and lighting you have, can you describe the worms that you are finding? and is your tang into your dt display with ich and all the other fish? if so its more then likely its not ich or everything would have died quite quickly, more then likely stress bumps, my tang gets them every so often. should have added the angel last :/, and dont be worried more then likely your goby and pistol shrimp will find each other eventually and pair up. they get lost for a time and finally pair. Sounds like everything is going right!, keep at it!

Tang is in a seperate tank. He's had cloudy white spots for nearly 4 days now.

The angel is very friendly.

Goby and pistol paired up, but their den in back of the rocks, disappointing =[

The worms I'm finding are orangish?, and have a whole lot of legs. The zoas aren't as tightly closed as of this morning, but still closed. I can at least see a little of their color in the center of most of them.

Pko9876
11/25/2013, 09:24 AM
now that I look at some pictures online, it doesn't really seem to be the same as what is on google images. My tang has cloudy grey-clear spots. The pictures i'm seeing on google are solid white? Can someone comment on this?

Pko9876
11/25/2013, 10:06 AM
I do have a picture, but it's about 1-2 feet away, and you can't really see anything. You literally have to be right up to the tank and the tang has to be at the front to be able to see the grey-clear spots. They're all over, not on the tail or head.