PDA

View Full Version : Ph probe/ port issue

afernandez
11/26/2013, 09:17 AM
Maybe some one has had this similar issue

I've had an issue in the past with my ph probe/port. I have always had an issue with it jumping around (7.9 to 8.7 ) and tested with others devices to make sure it's not .I recently re-set the controller and bough a new lab graded probe with hopes of this issue being resolved with no luck. I have the older version of the controller it's about 3.5 years old and it has the two ph probe connections really close together (one for ph and the second one is for orp) . If I put the ph probe on the second port (orp) the ph goes higher but it goes to 8.6-8.9 then if I put it on the first port ph reads low (7.8 -7.9) which is some what more accurate than the 8.9 readings.

If some one can help me with this issue I would gladly appreciate it.

kurt_n
11/26/2013, 09:56 AM
A couple thoughts...

While I've never done it, I *think* for that 2nd pH/ORP port you need to go to the probe setup page and declare what it is: pH or ORP. If it was originally used as a ORP port and you hook up a pH probe to test it you need to switch it over to pH. Also, I would assume you'd have to recalibrate the probe with if you use a different port. I could be wrong on that one, but it seems like it's a different circuit so it might have different parameters.

When you say the reading is "jumping around", is it doing it quickly? Can you isolate what the controller is doing when it jumps? Recently, I had a full Apex about the same age as yours with a jumpy pH reading. It would jump whenever an outlet changed state - even if there was nothing plugged into the outlet, and even when the pH probe was isolated in a cup of water outside of the tank. (You might try isolating the probe and see if yours still jumps, by the way.) After sending the base unit into Neptune, turns out I had a component starting to go bad causing the pH weirdness.

Not sure if any of this helps you, but I'd say your best bet is to isolate what exactly is happening at the same time as the pH jumps. It can take a while, but it seemed to help when I finally contacted Neptune support.