PDA

View Full Version : RLSS 6i problem

chemi19
11/28/2013, 05:39 PM
Happy Thankgsgiving Everyone!
I just got to fill up my tank today and put my skimmer in a new Rlss 6i with the DC4000 pump. The issue I am having is if I turn the pump on and just leave it on the first speed setting it starts up for about a minute and the. It stops and the lines on the display start flashing. Any idea what this could be? Also, I a getting no bubbles at all. If I raise the speed to the second or third line it stays on but puts out absolutely no bubbles, it just raises the water lever.
I know skimmers need to "break in" but is this normal? I am kinda new to skimmers so I am lost and it's thanksgiving so I don't have anyone to call.

Hope someone can help me out with this. I may be able to post some pictures later tonight.

Thanks for your help!

Mark Bianco
11/28/2013, 06:14 PM
Did you fill the tank up with fresh water or saltwater? Is the airline from the motor to the silencer blocked in any way? did you assemble the silencer correctly?

Mark Bianco
11/28/2013, 06:53 PM
http://media.wix.com/ugd/0ddf80_01cc56c15ef660ae23b9e8423232cd65.pdf?dn=New%2BWaveline%2BDC%2BPump%2BManual.pdf

Here is a link to the manuals

chemi19
11/28/2013, 09:15 PM
Did you fill the tank up with fresh water or saltwater? Is the airline from the motor to the silencer blocked in any way? did you assemble the silencer correctly?

Thanks for the quick response.
I filled the tank with saltwater. I will double check the silencer assembly.
What about the pump blinking and turning off? Could that be because of the silencer also?
Thank you

Boboli
11/28/2013, 09:22 PM
These pumps are iffy!
I have had three now and none have lasted more than 6 months.
Good Luck .
RLSS is no help let me add. When you pay 700 for a skimmer you hope ot works.

PolyReef
11/28/2013, 11:05 PM
Happy Thankgsgiving Everyone!
I just got to fill up my tank today and put my skimmer in a new Rlss 6i with the DC4000 pump. The issue I am having is if I turn the pump on and just leave it on the first speed setting it starts up for about a minute and the. It stops and the lines on the display start flashing. Any idea what this could be? Also, I a getting no bubbles at all. If I raise the speed to the second or third line it stays on but puts out absolutely no bubbles, it just raises the water lever.
I know skimmers need to "break in" but is this normal? I am kinda new to skimmers so I am lost and it's thanksgiving so I don't have anyone to call.

Hope someone can help me out with this. I may be able to post some pictures later tonight.

Thanks for your help!
You will need new controller for pump.

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/waveline-dc-4000-dc-6000-version-2-controller
Very nice people to deal with:)

chemi19
11/29/2013, 04:46 PM
Thank you! I will be giving them a call on monday