PDA

View Full Version : tank suggestions please

apatz01
11/28/2013, 10:49 PM
So I currently have a 8 gal biocube and was preparing to set up my 75 but have decided that I don't want to do that. im getting rid of a 75 and a 55 and im trying to figure out what tank I want.

So you know what im looking for 24 - 40 gallon prefer long tank would like to have an all in one tank like my bio cube but don't really like the cover of my cube would like to see the tank from the top. would like to stay under 600 for the tank and light if possible. this will be a reef tank lol

can you all give me some suggestion or if you have a tank could you post a pic please and thank you

terrypercula
11/28/2013, 10:57 PM
Look at the Innovative Marine Nuvo tanks. I LOVE my Nuvo 16. The 30 and 38's aren't too shabby and you can get "reef ready" kits that includes the dual dimmable Skyye light for around your price range. My second option would be to search the used market. For $600 used you can get something sweet! Good luck!

apatz01
11/29/2013, 12:40 AM
I was actually looking at those nuvos but they seem tall

terrypercula
11/29/2013, 03:33 AM
Yea I agree. That's why I like the 16. The 24 is nice too but it's not deep enough for my taste and at $400 no light it's a touch too pricey as well. All the AIO's I can think of are more cube than long which I find a little annoying but I get it. They're trying to be compact.