PDA

View Full Version : Apple and Reeflink

slowsoaks
12/01/2013, 07:19 AM
I have seen in the system requirements description at the Ecotech website that for a mac Reeflink needs 10.6 or better. I have 10.6.8 and I cannot load the Reeflink setup saying that it needs 10.7.

EcoTech Support
12/01/2013, 11:36 PM
I have seen in the system requirements description at the Ecotech website that for a mac Reeflink needs 10.6 or better. I have 10.6.8 and I cannot load the Reeflink setup saying that it needs 10.7.

The Connection Manager will work with Mac OS X 10.6 or greater, however the ReefLink Setup needs at least 10.7. Let us take a look at lowering the operating system requirements if this presents an obstacle for you. Stay tuned...

slowsoaks
12/02/2013, 10:31 AM
I found out today due to the age of my machine I cannot upgrade to 10.7 or higher. So right now I cannot use the reeflink hope you can lower the OS requirements.

Eastamherstbias
12/02/2013, 12:51 PM
I found out today due to the age of my machine I cannot upgrade to 10.7 or higher. So right now I cannot use the reeflink hope you can lower the OS requirements.

It may be time for an upgrade. It is usually not worth it for a company to go back 4.5 years on an operating system. The OS has come a long way.

slowsoaks
12/03/2013, 06:07 AM
The problem is Ecotech has all my money.

slowsoaks
12/03/2013, 06:56 AM
would be nice

kfisher109
12/06/2013, 01:10 PM
It may be time for an upgrade. It is usually not worth it for a company to go back 4.5 years on an operating system. The OS has come a long way.

1+

PAST time for an upgrade!!

Man hours Ecotech spends going backwards are man hours lost on moving a product forward. Don't ask them to slow down....you gotta speed up! :-)

Eastamherstbias
12/06/2013, 01:13 PM
My view is that a program should go back one level mac (mountain lion 10.8) or windows (7). Anything else is a waste of time.

slowsoaks
12/07/2013, 09:42 PM
Just seems that if the description for the reeflink is for systems 10.6 or later that should be the requirement and not have the set-up assistant require something different. System requirements posted on their site indicate reeflink would work with 10.6 or later. I was not asking them to go backwards for a solution, the first post I did was more to inform others that have a older system that this may not work for them. Would be nice to have the proper requirements ahead of time not find out after the purchase.

kfisher109
12/09/2013, 09:39 AM
Just seems that if the description for the reeflink is for systems 10.6 or later that should be the requirement and not have the set-up assistant require something different. System requirements posted on their site indicate reeflink would work with 10.6 or later. I was not asking them to go backwards for a solution, the first post I did was more to inform others that have a older system that this may not work for them. Would be nice to have the proper requirements ahead of time not find out after the purchase.

From that perspective, I must wholeheartedly agree. I see nothing at all wrong with Ecotech require 10.7, but they should CLEARLY state so. It is totally unfair to have consumers buy a product based on vendor stated minimum system requirements only to find out after the purchase the info is only partially correct.

Ecotech should change the website ASAP

mypepper
12/12/2013, 12:27 PM
From that perspective, I must wholeheartedly agree. I see nothing at all wrong with Ecotech require 10.7, but they should CLEARLY state so. It is totally unfair to have consumers buy a product based on vendor stated minimum system requirements only to find out after the purchase the info is only partially correct.

Ecotech should change the website ASAP

Not to change the subject, but is there going to be a Windows 8 Phone app down the road for Reeflink.

Since I have the original iPad and can only upgrade to version 5.1, I'll have to buy a new iPad down the road.

If anyone has a money tree growing in their back yard, please let me know.

Randy