PDA

View Full Version : Tunze osmolator trouble...

stiltman
12/01/2013, 11:16 AM
Only had this ATO for a few weeks and I'm surprised because it has such a good reputation. It overfilled my sump last night. the wife heard the alarm, I didn't because I was sleeping.

I checked this morning and the eye was submerged, but float valve was a couple inches above. based on that difference and what was used up from the ato reservoir I don't think the float was activated, but the pump was timed out.

Am I doing something wrong? I am very suprised this happened and starting to miss my $20 ato.

ganjero
12/01/2013, 11:26 AM
Is the output house higher than the ATO reservoir? The most common issue when this happens is that the reservoir is at the same level or higher than the output house and it creates siphoning, which cannot be stopped by the osmolator in anyway

quantim0
12/01/2013, 11:37 AM
Is the output house higher than the ATO reservoir? The most common issue when this happens is that the reservoir is at the same level or below the output house and it creates siphoning, which cannot be stopped by the osmolator in anyway

I had that happen to mine once. I fixed it and no further issues.

stiltman
12/01/2013, 11:43 AM
I was thinking siphoning too! well, I filled the bucket higher than normal. that water level may have been higher than the hose. interesting.