PDA

View Full Version : Newest thrill ride

Buckeye Hydro
12/02/2013, 03:05 PM
For those of you who dive or snorkle, and need more excitement in your life, check this out. You'll have to tell me all about it after (if) you get back to the boat...
http://www.slate.com/blogs/wild_things/2013/11/22/shark_riding_video_trend_people_are_hugging_and_grabbing_sharks.html

ramseynb
12/06/2013, 12:40 AM
You know, people see videos online of experts hitching a ride with a shark or being in the water with aggressive sharks and think, "boy, that looked easy, I'll give it a shot". It reminds me of when the show [email protected] first came out and there was a slew of idiots ending up I the ER with third degree burns or broken bones because they wanted to be a [email protected] too and set themselves on fire or do something equally dumb. Congratulations, you succeeded!

I do think sharks aggressiveness is exaggerated in many cases but it's not totally untrue. Once someone tries this on a shark that's in feeding mode and thinks the person might be tasty, it's going to be a different kind of video. Personally, the thought of diving or snorkeling sounds awesome, but I really don't care to do that next to a creature that weighs 1000lbs, has very sharp teeth, a brain designed for hunting and killing and is wild and completely unpredictable. I feel the same way about big cats. I have no desire to go pet and cuttle with a tiger or lion. If/when they get bit, I think it will become very clear what a dumb idea that is, even if only for a few seconds.

Buckeye Hydro
12/06/2013, 03:19 AM
I'm with you!