PDA

View Full Version : Perfecto/Marineland Tank Warranty

mmaisonneuve
12/07/2013, 08:38 PM
I'm Currious to hear about other people experience with Perfecto/Marineland Warranty....

Back in Sept I acquired a brand new 200 Gallon DD Tank, the Stand and Canopy from Marineland.

Got new Circulation pump, new Skimmer, new Return pump, new media reactors.

Over the course of the next couple of weeks I moved all livestock from my 2 other Tanks in the new tank.....lots of fishes, lots of corals, lots of inverts. Finally I was at the summum of Marinetank.....that was until dec 4th.......The silicon seam in the bottom of the tank (front) gave up......tank emptied itself and we lost everysingle thing....all my fishes....all my precious coral ct olony's all the inverts everything.......I feel like all hell broke loose on that day. So much time, passion and money gone in the drain.

If anyone else has gone this path please let me know....because honestly I can't start all this all over......

Yes there is the Marineland Warranty yes they are replacing the tank but what good will that make me if I need to start from scratch and by 2000$ of fish again, 2000$ of corals ?

Please send your comments I seak your guidance, your opinion.

Reef Frog
12/07/2013, 10:28 PM
Sorry to hear about this. It has to be the worst possible event for an aquariast.

If you are a homeowner perhaps your insurance policy can provide some relief. But I don't know if standard policies cover damage or clean up services for this type of disaster. Did you get an early warning or did it fail all at once?

GroktheCube
12/07/2013, 10:46 PM
It seems whenever I read about a failure, it's Marineland. Makes me a little nervous about my 120 :-/.

I'm not sure if they'll do anything about your livestock or damage to your residence. I'd suggest talking to an attorney knowledge about warranty law in your state.

IanWR
12/08/2013, 09:06 AM
Hopefully you have a good home insurance policy. The water damage to floors/ walls/ceiling (if it was on an upper floor) can be substantial. Good luck!

- Ian

mmaisonneuve
12/08/2013, 05:11 PM
Well couple of things....

1) I was home when it started to leak....no warning just the bottom seam that gave up....I was able to unplug all and collect the water has it came down..So I save the floor and the House Damange......

2) Home insure would pay Tank and Stand...that is it....no Livestock....

3) Livestock just fish and inverts my lost is at 2350$

4) Corals I've not estimated yet......

5) I've save the Sand but no place to keep that live rock....the house stunk like hell so all the Liverock and corals are outside in the garbage.

6) Spoke with Marineland......they are replacing the Tank and the Stand.....It's covered underwarranty....

7) Over the phone the employee at Marineland has told me they would cover Livestock lost (needed picture or receipt)....and floor damage (I saved their *** on that one....but lost 2 days of work)

We will see how good is their Lifetime Warranty on Tank when you get their stand....If they are covering everything, then this is hell of a good publicity. This coverage thing was quite clear and I had 2 witness....we were on the speaker phone.

usmc121581
12/08/2013, 06:32 PM
First off i am so sry for the lose and the lose of the animals. I seem to read about this more and more, and everytime i start to think about mine. I dont know what i would do if i was to ever stumble upon that, or if it was to happen and i lost everything. All the time and money invested into my little world, i dont think i could ever start over. I am saying this but i hope you find a way to recreate what you had.

IanWR
12/08/2013, 10:02 PM
Looks like there is a good chance you will come out ok from this. If there are some gaps in what will be covered for you I'm sure fellow reefers close to you will be more than happy to spare some frags and get you back on track. A chance for faith in humanity to be restored! Huzzah! :)

- Ian

Spyderturbo007
12/09/2013, 08:42 AM
Wow. I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine how devastating this would be.

Hang in there. Hopefully Marineland will make good on their promise to replace all your livestock, tank and stand.

GroktheCube
12/09/2013, 11:16 AM
Wow! Good on Marineland for offering to cover livestock and floor damage as well.

mmaisonneuve
12/09/2013, 11:59 AM
Well I'll believe it when I see it....the worst part is my Heartbroken Daughter, started all this with her and it all happen the day we turned 10......Life can be a *****......

mmaisonneuve
12/13/2013, 08:01 AM
Well things are not as smooth as it seems like.....Marineland have started to play the little insurance company game.....perhaps yes perhaps not......here is what I just told them to help them realize the effort we just putted in all this:

One last little thing, just so that everyone understands how complex all this was……Last week for the cleanup following my 200DD Tank failure…a 2 months old tank…..

Wednesday Night starting a 10pm (4-5 December) we were 3 people (2 members of the local reef club came and help) up all night to pickup the water leaking and try to save everything we could
Thursday all day (5th December) it was Julia Birthday I was not able to be there yep on her birthday she learned that all her fish were gone, she had each one of then named….wow what a great birthday it was….still was picking up and documenting all that mess until 8 pm we were 2 people (3 other member of the club came on and off to help (one of them was the CADlights Sales Rep)), I ended up getting someone to babysit the kids all 4 at their place overnight…I was exhausted I had to go sleep at this point….I was up since Wednesday 6AM…..we were Thursday 8pm.
Friday from 1pm until 6pm still cleaning and ditching last corals and cleaning/bleaching the house….2 people (1 local club member came over (CadLights Sales Rep))

That’s 51 hours of cleaning and picking up stuff because of a faulty tank, cannot prevent myself from thinking if that Tank had been built properly all this would not have happened.

Since then I’ve putted a good 10-12 hrs. in answering Marineland requests, getting quotes, pictures, list, prices etc etc……all this is truly a nightmare. Perhaps all this can help everyone understand why I’ve lost faith….and don’t trust anyone anymore.

shaginwagon13
12/13/2013, 08:47 AM
Its too late now, but when the tank was leaking 'IF' water was to ruin some drywall and flooring, you could offset the quote of those repairs to cover the costs of the fish and corals. The insurance company will most likely tell you that they will only cover the tank or damaged items and not the living stuff. I can tell you right now, if you argue enough, they will cover everything.

You have to argue that the fish, invertebrates, corals, and live rock were pets (and this really is not a lie as they are all 'alive'). It took me 6 months to get my settlement from the insurance company, but I will say that they covered absolutely everything. I can tell you right now that they will play games. Yes its time consuming and yes its frustrating. My advice to you is be patient, don't just agree to settle because you are fed up. Hold your ground, plead your case and chances are they will compensate you for all your loss.

I would advise that after this gets taken care of, you have a special clause placed in your policy that specifically covers your tank, livestock and any equipment. Down the road, if anything was to happen again, you know you will be covered for sure.

Deerfield
10/24/2014, 01:21 PM
Just had a similar experience with my 120 gallon Perfecto. Woke up at 2:00 in the morning to the sound of the filter spraying water on a less than full tank, knew it was a problem because I had done a water change the day before and both spray bars were submerged. Spent the next four hours trying to save my fish, and siphon out as much water as possible. The tank was leaking profusely from the bottom.
My tank was purchased new 2 1/2 years ago. I have contacted Perfecto, they are supposed to email what they need, but said it is only a one year warranty.
I lost a bunch of fish-some I had for four/five years, from when they were small. What a disaster.

I do not have the nerve now to go back to 120g. I can only keep thinking, what if it happens again.
I donated most of my fish to LFS, did not want them all to die.

Mpek
04/16/2015, 01:51 PM
Just happened to me for a second time! First time was a 150 Marineland that the glass cracked about 30" from the base of the over flow to the middle of the back section of glass. They paid for the replacement of the tank, stand, some equipment, some livestock, the damages to the wall and cleanup, and 85 gallons of water. Sent me a check to cover the 75% of what was lost after I signed a release not to sue them. Since the glass cracked I decided to upgrade to the 300DD Marineland Starfire..... Well, one week ago my wife woke me up in the morning and said the tank was leaking. Could this be possible? Yup! The bottom silicone seams failed and I had 250 gallons of water on the floor already and it was still leaking.... I tried to save everything but could not. Everything.....7k worth of coral...3k worth of fish...not to include 15k in tank, stand, canopy, equipment.....everything total loss. Oh and 40k worth of damages to my house. Kitchen needs to be replaced, drywall, baseboards, cabinet in 2nd bathroom, floor in den... Luckily my insurance company is paying for the damages but will not cover anything that was part of the fish tank to include the livestock. So, right now I'm out more than 20k unless United Pet Group decides to step up. I strongly doubt they're going to agree to pay 25k... I might have to hire a Product Liability Attorney bc this is not right. Did I mention that it was professionally installed 10 months ago and perfectly level?! My home is in shambles. It honestly looks like a hurricane is to blame. So, that's 2 Marineland tanks in less than a year.

GroktheCube
04/16/2015, 02:55 PM
Wow. If they don't pony up, I'd lawyer up. These posts make me even more confident in my decision to go with a good custom builder for my new tank.

Mpek
04/17/2015, 12:09 PM
My stress level is so high that I'm going to see the doctor for a prescription for xanex. I really don't want to get lawyers involved but I might have to. My wife and I sent them an email last night with the estimates for the damage, emergency water/waste extraction, and damages to the tank, equipment, livestock, etc... Total is around 75k. We told them that we would rather settle with them instead of going through our ins. which will seek subrogation. It would be better for all of us if they do the right thing but....you never know.
The Fish Tank Kings are literally about 30 min away from me. I'm going to see them today for a consult on a new tank. We have to see if we can get a strong custom made tank for a decent price or this hobby is over.

toothybugs
04/17/2015, 12:11 PM
And I'm highly re-evaluating my plans for a 300DD...

Mpek
04/17/2015, 01:22 PM
Hey don't let my experiences keep you from getting one. All I can tell you is that if you do make sure that they use more than just one silicone seal at all sections where glass meets glass! Have them use angled glass in all corners and eurobracing. The glass didn't break in the starfire it was the silicone that failed. I was a little skeptical when it was first installed and I was right. I'd re-enforce the crap out of any and every glass tank I get from now on. I'd rather lose the warranty by making them super strong than let them hang by a thread.

dkeller_nc
04/18/2015, 08:33 AM
And I'm highly re-evaluating my plans for a 300DD...

These threads definitely make the extra $3 - $4k for a Reef Savvy tank seem worth it, especially the size tank I'm considering (180g - 240g).

As an FYI, I patronize a very high-functioning saltwater-only LFS in my area. The owner's been doing custom set-ups for clientele for the last 15 years, and he's stopped supplying Marineland tanks above 120g, and DD tanks in general to customers for precisely this issue - catastrophic tank failures. His opinion is that the 300g DD Marineland tank specifically is a train wreck that's just waiting to happen.

It's pretty telling to compare the glass thickness and reinforcing scheme of a Reef Savvy, Miracles or other custom shop to a Marineland in the same size. It's hard to know, but I've a feeling Reef Savvy and other high-safety-factor builders have never had a catastrophic "spontaneous" tank failure.

GroktheCube
04/18/2015, 07:26 PM
I do think the larger Marineland tanks are a bit underbuilt. FFS, the custom builders I've talked to want to use thicker glass on my 15" tall 85g build than Marineland uses on 100+g 24" tall tanks.

Mpek
04/24/2015, 08:56 AM
I was a little worried when they unboxed the tank in my house.... It was an emergency situation since my Marineland 150 broke and my fish were in garbage cans in the garage. I had to get them a new tank quick! When I saw that they only used that little itty bit of silicone and no re-enforcement what so ever...I was skeptical and worried that it might some day give way. I should have never accepted that tank and should have waited for a custom build. I'm now in the design process with Living Color for a 12 footer! Woohooo! My house is still destroyed but it looks like UPG wants to process this claim through their insurance since it's a very large claim. They do have excellent customer service and I will continue to buy from them...just not large aquariums.

GroktheCube
04/24/2015, 08:53 PM
Glad to hear they're taking care of you!

tkeracer619
04/28/2015, 01:51 PM
Wonder who has more failures now. Glass Cages or Marineland?

jerzeedevl
04/28/2015, 02:04 PM
So, I'm looking to purchase a 220 marineland tank. I'm going to drill it so obviously the warranty will be void. My main concern is the quality of the seams. This isn't the first I've read about the seams on these tanks. Could I apply another bead of silicone to insure or what is that just a waste. I'm more concerned with 200 gallons of water on my floor in a house that I am moving into next week. lol. Ugh....stories like this make me nervous to set up a large tank. Sorry for your lost brother!

Mpek
04/29/2015, 10:05 AM
Thanks bud....I personally would look to see how custom glass tank makers do it. From what I understand they put several pieces of glass along all of the seams and silicone it to have more surface area to make it stronger. I also would euro brace it. That plastic rim crap for large tanks is no bueno. Look into maybe having a pro come in to help you out. Next tank is going to be acrylic for me so it can be chemically bonded together. Not doing a large glass tank again.

tkeracer619
04/30/2015, 07:19 PM
Unfortunately acrylic isn't immune to seam separations or bracing failures but yes most people do go with acrylic when you start getting big.

feersomen
05/03/2015, 01:01 AM
I'm curious if custom aquarium builder will be willing to offer such insurance payouts and protections should one of their aquariums leak. I'm sure leaks can and will happen on almost any aquarium. Will Reef Savy or any other custom fab plant be able to offer a lifetime warranty on aquarium and stand? What will their payout look like if you suffered such a lost?

Maybe since marineland produces aquariums in such high volume the changes of leak stories are more common than a cusom fab plant that may only do a several hundread tanks a year compared to marineland's output of thousands of aquariums.

dkeller_nc
05/03/2015, 08:03 AM
This is just speculation, but considering the way that Reef Saavy builds tanks, I suspect that the reason one doesn't see posts about failures of their tanks isn't just that they're sold in much smaller volume than big producers like US Pet (Marineland, Perfecto, etc...).

Their tanks are built to be pretty bomb-proof; one of the clues to their design philosophy is their stated limitations on the water height in rimless tanks - 20" high on 48" long, 1/2 glass tanks, 24" high on up to 72" long tanks with 3/4" thick glass.

davandwilk
05/15/2015, 01:25 PM
I had a 150 Deep Marineland tank and I caught mine before it let go. Mine was 3 years old.

I had my tank in a peninsula style so I can walk around the tank. I had noticed the seal in the back panel at the bottom had a bright spot (i have black silicone) when i looked down the glass pane. I had been watching it for a few weeks to see if it was getting bigger. Anyway I missed a few weeks and when I went to check it again there was less than 1/4" silicone by about 3 inches long holding on 1/2" glass at that spot. The tank was 30" high with no extra bracing at the bottom.

After draining and cleaning the tank I was able to peal the silicon off the glass in long strips. (By the way that not supposed to be possible). I ended up cutting the tank up. I thought about trying to reseal it but it ended up in the garbage.

This was 6 months ago. I ended up ordering a tank from Reef Savy. They are expensive but if I would have skipped on the cheap tank in the first place I wouldn't have to buy a second tank. I tell my wife that the tank might be expensive but im saving over 20 thousand in flooding damages to the house.

I couldn't imagine having that much salt water on my floor.

skid99
05/16/2015, 12:37 PM
Mpek have you received anything from United Pet Group yet? My tank exploded on 3/31/15 and they offered to pay the clean up bill but after getting a copy of the invoice from my contractor for the damages they turned it over to their insurance and still haven't heard anything.

Sk8r
05/16/2015, 02:35 PM
My tank has glass siliconed top and bottom, no rim, actually, just 5/8ths thick glass with access ports siliconned in the same way the bottom is: the canopy covers that part. I think it's probably strong enough to stand on.

Mpek
05/22/2015, 08:34 AM
UPG is taking their sweet time in taking care of this. They forwarded my claim to their insurance company Liberty Mutual. Obviously, they don't think my house is worth how much it's going to cost to repair it so.... I'm going to give them one last opportunity before I restart the claim with my homeowners insurance. If that happens I'm hiring a Public Adjuster who is going to get everything he possibly can from my insurance. My insurance then will go through subrogation with Liberty Mutual which will end up costing them way more in court fees and retaining their lawyer. It's in their best interest to just pay out to me directly.

Hal
06/01/2015, 06:57 PM
My Miracles tank has eurobracing on the inside at the bottom of each wall.:)

My Perfecto 150g center brace cracked on its own after a couple of years. After sending a few pics I got a new one under a warrantby claim. I'm selling it.

Hal
06/01/2015, 06:59 PM
It's in their best interest to just pay out to me directly.
That assumes they have a brain and a conscious.

Sadly, most large companies have in house lawyers that they forget that they draw a salary. The companies tend to think of them as "free."

Arcylon
07/03/2015, 06:34 PM
Mpek amd other Marineland victims, thank you for sharing your nightmare. Mpek, my situation is similar to yours. My 250 DD front seam at the base blew last week. My wife hears the Vortech's going crazy around 4am. 100 gallons has already lleaked from the tank. 1 weeks later and 40K in damages. Fortunately I was able to same my livestock and corals which are being fostered at my LFS for the time being. Glass sat on the Marineland stand which has been up since August of 2013. Crushing experience as my reef was ramping up. I have just submitted everything to marine land and now I am being taken down the insurance claim route. Good news for me as I understand quite well the insurance reinsurance capital markets world and how these products work as I've designed some myself. What I would like to ask you is how your experience was with Marineland's insurance appointed agent (Liberty Mutual is who they said they are insured by), did they come out to view your tank, if so did they take it with them? This thing stinks like crazy and I need to get rid of it and I think they expect me to keep it in the house where it is. Any insight and detail you can provide about your experience going through this process would be extremely appreciated. I'm one week in to the disaster....Regards FYI, I heard from a custom manufacturer that this was a common issue with Marineland's deep dimension tanks... I am surprised there's not a class action suit out yet. Do you think I would benefit to have my attorney involved, who I employ, so really would not be a big deal or cost to me.

daveM100
07/05/2015, 01:35 PM
What I don't get is that if there are so many failures from their tanks why are people still buying them? Stop buying their tanks and I bet they fix this crap asap, money talks and if your company loses money they'd be on this. But still to this day I read about DD all over this site. *** people. I was even going to go with one until I researched and found tons of bad experiences.

Arcylon, if I had a lawyer at my disposal he/she would already be on this, someone needs to stop this crap.

elegance coral
07/06/2015, 08:06 AM
Sorry. wrong post.

dkeller_nc
07/06/2015, 10:24 AM
What I don't get is that if there are so many failures from their tanks why are people still buying them?

That might be a rhetorical question, but the answer is simple: Because they're cheap. Same reason folks buy Chinese-made knock-offs of Tunze stream pumps.

davidfrances
07/07/2015, 07:28 PM
Mpek amd other Marineland victims, thank you for sharing your nightmare. Mpek, my situation is similar to yours. My 250 DD front seam at the base blew last week. My wife hears the Vortech's going crazy around 4am. 100 gallons has already lleaked from the tank. 1 weeks later and 40K in damages. Fortunately I was able to same my livestock and corals which are being fostered at my LFS for the time being. Glass sat on the Marineland stand which has been up since August of 2013. Crushing experience as my reef was ramping up. I have just submitted everything to marine land and now I am being taken down the insurance claim route. Good news for me as I understand quite well the insurance reinsurance capital markets world and how these products work as I've designed some myself. What I would like to ask you is how your experience was with Marineland's insurance appointed agent (Liberty Mutual is who they said they are insured by), did they come out to view your tank, if so did they take it with them? This thing stinks like crazy and I need to get rid of it and I think they expect me to keep it in the house where it is. Any insight and detail you can provide about your experience going through this process would be extremely appreciated. I'm one week in to the disaster....Regards FYI, I heard from a custom manufacturer that this was a common issue with Marineland's deep dimension tanks... I am surprised there's not a class action suit out yet. Do you think I would benefit to have my attorney involved, who I employ, so really would not be a big deal or cost to me.

One of my two (2) Marineland 250 DD's burst a seam back in March of this year. In my experience, Marineland and their representatives were sympathetic, professional, polite and responsive, and my claims were completely satisfied. I wasn't happy it happened, but the folks over at Marineland took care of me.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Mpek
07/10/2015, 08:45 AM
Arcylon: Liberty Mutual started giving me the run around and started talking about depreciation. They said that a home that is literally less than a year old has depreciated. It took them over a month to respond to approx. two dozen emails. So, I hired a Public Adjuster and am going through my home owners insurance. After the repairs are made my insurance is going to subrogate against Liberty Mutual and the LFS that installed the tank. After that is complete I'm going to then claim the Fish Tank, Fish and whatever else my insurance won't cover through MaineLand. It's been three months since the disaster and I'm still not made whole....I haven't gotten any form of payment yet and still have the tank in my great room with all of the fried electrical equipment, sand, and not so live liverock. They won't let me get rid of the tank yet but when they start the demo...it's going. My advice to you would be; If you have an attorney that works for you have him/her draft official letters for you to help get the process done quicker. I don't trust any insurance companies and you will never be made completely whole unless you sue them for the pain and suffering. Which, I should bc this is bull crap. I lost thousands in corals that took me years to aquire and my prized fish.

Wryknow
07/10/2015, 12:55 PM
Wonder who has more failures now. Glass Cages or Marineland?

I'm sure Marineland has more just based on volume. I have a couple of Glass Cages tanks myself that I've been very happy with. The nice part about GC is that you can upgrade to thicker glass for a higher safety factor - you're not stuck with whatever the factory is churning out. A lot of the Marineland glass just looks too thin for the tank sizes to me. I wonder what safety factor they use in production?

Mpek
07/11/2015, 06:08 PM
It's not just the thickness of the glass. It does help to get more surface area siliconed together with thicker glass, but if a knuckle head is doing the sealing then you'll have the same issue I had. Whoever put my tank together didn't do it right and did it on a Monday or Friday. It seams like Marineland is not teaching their guys the proper way to put these tanks together since I've heard of this same issue many times. I'm going with a thick acrylic tank next time.

usmc1812
07/19/2015, 03:35 PM
As long as you bought their stand you have a lifetime warranty. Had a 300dd leak. Luckily the stand was the Monterey so it was covered. Sent a new 300 and running fine now.

SNAKEMANVET
07/29/2015, 09:59 AM
I have a brand new 180,would they give me my money back if I tell them I don't want to chance setting up and a seam blowing out.I have also thought about buying 1/2'' glass and making urobracing around the top and bottom.I have had the tank for 3 months waiting on getting things ready for install.

davidfrances
07/29/2015, 11:54 AM
I have a brand new 180,would they give me my money back if I tell them I don't want to chance setting up and a seam blowing out.I have also thought about buying 1/2'' glass and making urobracing around the top and bottom.I have had the tank for 3 months waiting on getting things ready for install.

Not sure I know what you are talking about when you write "...would they give me my money back if I tell them I don't want to chance setting up and a seam blowing out." I suppose you are assuming that all these tanks will fail and you don't want to chance it. I have no idea what percentage have failed, and the anecdotal information is meaningless without an understanding of how many of these tanks have been built - which no one has provided.

See if your Dealer will take the tank back. I would guess Marineland will tell you the same thing. Marineland will not buy your tank back. My guess is, that after 3 months, you're stuck with the tank unless you sell it privately.

As far as modifying the tank, I am certain that will void the warranty. I am not an engineer, and don't know if your proposed modifications will improve or impair the original design.

I do know that Marineland advised me that any modifications to the tank or stand would void the warranty. Good luck with whatever you decide.

SNAKEMANVET
07/29/2015, 12:51 PM
I am sure marineland makes several thousand tanks a year,putting euro braceing on will only strengthen the tank.I know all big tanks no matter who builds them,always has a chance of blowing out a seam or cracking from stress.

Sounds Fishy
08/03/2015, 10:21 AM
I wish they used thicker glass on their larger tanks.I purchased a Cornerflow 180 in Jan. of this year with one steel stand they built.After I filled it I noticed a blemish in the front,approx. one inch. It turned out to be a stress crack. I am glad it was an obvious location (front centre),because it really wasn't noticeable ,unless you looked for it.Even though it penetrated both sides of the pane it didn't leak,before I emptied it.The manager from the Lfs was excellent,and came over,and made arrangements to ship a new tank to my house,with Marineland.In the meantime I decided to upgrade to a 220XH,for a couple hundred dollars. 72 x 30 x 24 . I did not check the details but I assumed they would use something thicker than half inch,because of the 30 inch depth...however it's the same thickness as the 180 gal. Tank that cracked.It's been running since May.I just wish the glass was thicker.

ReefMaverick
06/20/2016, 01:38 PM
Well well guess what....that Tank I've lost back in Dec 2013 (200DD Marineland) the replacement of it.....well it's leaking too....second tank.....lost everything again....plus the floor, Apex, Pump P/S and we also got an electrical fire !

Vinny Kreyling
06/20/2016, 05:26 PM
BEFORE the tank is removed take plenty of pictures,and tell them before you do it.
Make them as clear as possible to avoid questions.

Mpek
07/05/2016, 02:20 PM
Yup....that sounds about right. Marineland sucks pretty bad. Their insurance company Liberty Mutual also sucks. I had to hire an attorney to fight them. Still haven't gotten my money from the insurance company. It's been over a year now. Marineland....NEVER AGAIN!

ReefMaverick
07/11/2016, 01:17 PM
I'm not surprised....they are playing game with me too....only difference is here in Qc I can go to small claim court and they will have to get a layer to represent themselves .... I can easily win this with all those precedent case alll over the web...and get elocutionary ruling and seized their stock seized.

ReefMaverick
07/13/2016, 03:30 PM
Just got the result back from Engineering firm mandated by the insurance company....

"Remarquons que l’examen antérieur d’aquariums du même type a révélé qu’un joint de silicone structurel était localisé entre la tranche des panneaux latéraux et la base, ce joint étant actuellement masqué par une bande de plastique localisée sur tout le pourtour de l’aquarium. Dans les dossiers comparatifs où nous avons procédé à des essais destructifs de l’aquarium ayant défailli, nous avons observé que l’adhérence des joints structurels pouvait être incomplète, pour diverses raisons. Dans de tels cas, le joint de finition apposé du côté interne (flèches - photographie 7) pouvait assurer l’étanchéité pendant un certain temps, mais finissait par céder dans la zone de faiblesse structurelle."

Sorry for the French but in clear the tank failed because on missing silicone between bottom panel and sidewall...resulting in lost of adherance and catastrophic failure. Finition joint will hold for some time but will gave up due to structural failure.

Marineland Tank have structural issues !

mmaisonneuve
05/17/2017, 06:55 AM
1 Year Later....repairs have been done but Marineland have still not paid for the House Damage....Spread the Word and Boycott Marineland Product

Mpek
05/18/2017, 09:22 AM
Still waiting on my last check from my home owners insurance. Over 2 years now. Old tank is still sitting in my great room...empty.

mmaisonneuve
05/24/2017, 12:49 PM
We should all gather / exchange emails and start a class action against Marineland / Perfecto.....at the end I dont care for the Money...just one thing....I want them out of business.