PDA

View Full Version : 100mm Macro shots

Reffer831
12/08/2013, 11:30 PM
Here are a few macro shots of my tank...Watch in HD for best quality...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4YLY6sT9fMo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hind
12/09/2013, 05:12 AM
Very cool and colorful! Congrats on a great tank! What camera were you using? Lens?

Reffer831
12/09/2013, 10:38 AM
Very cool and colorful! Congrats on a great tank! What camera were you using? Lens?

Thanks...I used a cannon t2i with a 100mm macro

jroovers
12/14/2013, 07:33 AM
I am an SPS guy, but you may have just converted me to LPS and zoas! Fantastic video. What acro is that around the 2:30 and 4:10 mark? Has wicked colour. Your chalice collection is incredible. How did you add the slow pan effect in some of those shots? What is your lighting? You should get some stills and post them here.

Ninchen
12/15/2013, 01:50 PM
Wow... Perfect !!

jbraslins
12/15/2013, 01:54 PM
Awesome video! Great job.

I use a 105mm macro with t4i too.

On the super up close shots depth of field is so narrow, half the coral is blurred out. It makes for a cool effect but I keep wondering if there's way to have entire coral in focus. Have you tried playing with light/aperture?

IPT
12/28/2013, 01:12 PM
very nice! What software did you use to make the clip? Was the panning done in the software or as you shot?

Xion
12/29/2013, 09:39 AM
Did you adjust the settings on the camera? Amazing video

Reffer831
01/06/2014, 12:00 AM
I am an SPS guy, but you may have just converted me to LPS and zoas! Fantastic video. What acro is that around the 2:30 and 4:10 mark? Has wicked colour. Your chalice collection is incredible. How did you add the slow pan effect in some of those shots? What is your lighting? You should get some stills and post them here.
Thanks! I had a tank crash and lost all my sticks...go check out my other videos on my you tube channel and you will see a ton of sps...both of those acros are wild ones I found...I bought two to see how they would hold color i different lighting...also didn't mind having a back up of that one...ti crazy nice and every one who sees it comments on them...they are supper yellow and look like the RR wolverine...GOOD EYE! the pan effect is in windows movie maker...I run an 8 bulb ATI PM...and a blue reef bright LED...I dont post on here as much as I used to but you can find I ton of my stills if you search my last posts.. I really should start a build or eye candy thread here but I always hatted the fact my name got spelt wrong and the mods wouldn't change it..they also said for me not to create another account...so I just dont post much on RC...lol..:beer:

Reffer831
01/06/2014, 12:13 AM
Wow... Perfect !!
Thanks..check out my other videos on my channel...
Awesome video! Great job.

I use a 105mm macro with t4i too.

On the super up close shots depth of field is so narrow, half the coral is blurred out. It makes for a cool effect but I keep wondering if there's way to have entire coral in focus. Have you tried playing with light/aperture?
yes I mainly adjust the setting when taking stills...I really didn't spend more then 20 min to shoot this on a drunk night :lol2:...so everything was just a one take shot and then moved on to the next coral...most of the time went into editing...the next one I plan to break out my good glass and spend some time shooting from different angles and lenses...
very nice! What software did you use to make the clip? Was the panning done in the software or as you shot?
Thanks!...nothing special...windows movie maker...almost everyone has it...

Did you adjust the settings on the camera? Amazing video
Thanks! I dint really adjust much..just focused on the coral..or at least tried to :lol2:...but was having a few drinks while making this in the middle of the night (my lights turn off at 3am)...all I did was hit record once in focus...all these were single take shots :dance:

H.reidi.MN
01/06/2014, 12:42 AM
is that an aussie toxic hammer?

sahin
01/06/2014, 07:28 AM
Awesome video my friend! :thumbsup:

You should really have a build thread here too and share your amazing video skills.

I knew your were Reefer831...LOL...I figured it was a typo. It sucks they wont change just a single letter in the username...my buddy changed his whole name to something completely different on the UK's biggest forum...he just explained to the mods why and they allowed him.

But dont let that stop you sharing and showing off your awesome skills. :thumbsup:

jroovers
01/06/2014, 12:19 PM
Thanks! I had a tank crash and lost all my sticks...go check out my other videos on my you tube channel and you will see a ton of sps...both of those acros are wild ones I found...I bought two to see how they would hold color i different lighting...also didn't mind having a back up of that one...ti crazy nice and every one who sees it comments on them...they are supper yellow and look like the RR wolverine...GOOD EYE! the pan effect is in windows movie maker...I run an 8 bulb ATI PM...and a blue reef bright LED...I dont post on here as much as I used to but you can find I ton of my stills if you search my last posts.. I really should start a build or eye candy thread here but I always hatted the fact my name got spelt wrong and the mods wouldn't change it..they also said for me not to create another account...so I just dont post much on RC...lol..:beer:

I'll definitely have to check that out. That acro is definitely sweet, one heck of a find... I would have to say that it has held its colour! I think you should start a build thread or photo thread, don't let the powers at be hold you back. :thumbsup:

Reffer831
03/03/2014, 01:30 AM
is that an aussie toxic hammer?
Its one of those ones that are supposed to be yellow...it was at first then it morphed..
Awesome video my friend! :thumbsup:

You should really have a build thread here too and share your amazing video skills.

I knew your were Reefer831...LOL...I figured it was a typo. It sucks they wont change just a single letter in the username...my buddy changed his whole name to something completely different on the UK's biggest forum...he just explained to the mods why and they allowed him.

But dont let that stop you sharing and showing off your awesome skills. :thumbsup:
Thanks man! I get lost with to many threads and have a hard time like this one replying timely lol...but thanks for the motivation.
I'll definitely have to check that out. That acro is definitely sweet, one heck of a find... I would have to say that it has held its colour! I think you should start a build thread or photo thread, don't let the powers at be hold you back. :thumbsup:
haha1 Thanks! you guys may just get me to start one. :beer:

sahin
03/08/2014, 02:18 PM
OK, something wrong with the thread...I've recieved at least a few notifications of new posts in this thread, but when I visit the thread...nothing new is here. Latest notification states:

fafetrat has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - 100mm Macro shots - in the Photography forum of Reef Central Online Community.

This thread is located at:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2357137&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
is that a L glass?

But nothing here...

Misled
03/08/2014, 04:05 PM
Nothing wrong, someone was post padding.

sahin
03/08/2014, 05:12 PM

Ah, I see. For a few minutes I was thinking I was imagining things. :lol:

Reffer831
04/01/2014, 04:14 PM
what is post padding?

sahin
04/01/2014, 04:45 PM
what is post padding?

Increasing your post count by posting crap... people try this to get into the sales forums...but it doesnt work because RC mods are pretty good with picking up on things like that. :D

snorvich
04/01/2014, 05:06 PM
Absolutely mesmerizing video. I like the transitions, the music, and of course the corals. Cool lighting!

Sorry about the post padding, some folks think this forum is an easy way to reach the threshold for viewing the selling forums.

rogergolf66
04/04/2014, 06:37 PM
I just purchased a nikon d3200 tring to pick out macro lens. What aperture lens do u guys shot with?

Roger

Reffer831
05/20/2014, 05:50 PM
Absolutely mesmerizing video. I like the transitions, the music, and of course the corals. Cool lighting!

Sorry about the post padding, some folks think this forum is an easy way to reach the threshold for viewing the selling forums.
Yeah I was just confused to what padded posting was...thanks for the kind comments...and check out the rest of my videos on youtube...I should be posting updates every other week.

I just purchased a nikon d3200 tring to pick out macro lens. What aperture lens do u guys shot with?

Roger
It changes all the time...check out some of the how to posts in the forum...or you can get a lot of help from you tube...congrats and have fun with the 100mm once you get it...I love mine