PDA

View Full Version : New setup skimmer overflowing week 6

zv3n
12/10/2013, 07:17 AM
Hi, i recently started a new setup using a small amount of my old live rock from my cube and 80% marco rock, i have a swc 250a1 cone that has been overflowing since day 1. I tried letting it overflow in 5g bucket for 20 gallon to try and remove whatever is in the water. I haven't used chemicals or epoxy.
Skimmer is sitting in 6.5" of water valve is fully open I'm not new to this so i was curious to know if any one has experienced this.

When i replace the water that i skim out (5g x 4 times now) it settles for 45 min but then its starts overflowing again!

Any ideA's?
Thanks

Pseudo69
12/10/2013, 07:47 AM
Make sure your wedge pipe is fully open and the air intake isn't clogged or closed. You haven't said where your water level is inside the skimmer, where your bubble line is breaking or even if you have bubbles. A pic would help.

Also, if your setup is new and you put alot of Marco Rock in the tank without pre-curing or at least cleaning them off, you will get an overflow.

HTH

zv3n
12/10/2013, 01:57 PM
Make sure your wedge pipe is fully open and the air intake isn't clogged or closed. You haven't said where your water level is inside the skimmer, where your bubble line is breaking or even if you have bubbles. A pic would help.

Also, if your setup is new and you put alot of Marco Rock in the tank without pre-curing or at least cleaning them off, you will get an overflow.

HTH

Thanks for the reply, so nothing is blocking the air intake nor the venturi. Level of the skimmer is overflowing but not much and yes its full of bubbles il take a pic tonight. I did add around 90 pound of marco and 30 pounds of my live rock. I did justba quik dip in ro ewater and then 5 weeks cycling in tank, so now patience ot do i continue to empty the overflow?
Thanks

Timber77
12/13/2013, 07:46 PM
what is marco rock?