PDA

View Full Version : Algae ID -- Dinos?

Hype134
12/10/2013, 08:02 PM
I've been battling this algae for some time now and is actually beginning to kill some of my corals... brownish algae that has little air bubbles in it... i think its dinos but wanted to get others opinion. I've actually tried H2O2, lights out and no prevail... goes away temporary but always comes back... please help me identify...

phillrodrigo
12/11/2013, 07:19 PM
I cant believe by your description that no one answered this question. Its excactly what dinos are so yes it is dinos. I would try the hydrogen peroxide dosing 1ml per 10 net gallons with a 72 hour black out. You will be shocked on the 3rd day how fast your corals bounce back. After your lights come back on do a water change and continue dosing for a few more days. It should be gone by the time your lights come back on. Also run carbon. Preferably in a hob so that the filter pad can catch some of the strings. I cleaned my carbon pad every morning

Hype134
12/11/2013, 07:50 PM
Yea... i actually did a 72 hr period and continued to dose H2O2 afterwards as well; however, still coming back... almost feel like i should try another 72 hours... i was changing GFO and GAC after a week, but im gonna try every other day... so we'll see if that helps, if not i'll try another 72 hours blackout.