PDA

View Full Version : How to dose 70mL per week?

Hdhuntr01
12/14/2013, 06:48 AM
I want to start dosing Aquavitro Fuel and the recommended amount would be 35mL twice a week for a total of 70mL per week. I would really like to set up automatic dosing but not sure I can find a dosing pump that would dose that little of an amount. I figure the best way would be to dose 10mL per day. I have a LiterMeter III but doesn't look like I can dose that low of an amount with it. I also run an APEX so I can automate time if need be.

Anyone found a reliable way to dose low amounts like this using automated equipment?

Thanks,
David

jerpa
12/14/2013, 06:59 AM
Most of the hobby dosing pumps run between 1-2ml per minute. Just run them for 5-10 minutes a day on a timer.

FullBoreReefer
12/14/2013, 03:37 PM
1.1ml a minute

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-2-part-doser-1-1-ml-per-minute.html

Reef Frog
12/14/2013, 04:02 PM
I don't know anything about this product or what purpose it serves. I assume its a food or amino acid supplement of some kind? But if you only have to dose twice per week I'd just dose by hand personally while feeding your fish or during other maintenance tasks. That way you have an opportunity to observe its effects & change dosages on the fly if problems develop.

If its a food I might also worry about keeping too much in the storage container and it spoiling & becoming bacterial soup over time. But you don't really have to worry about mineral supplements spoiling quickly, but many require shaking the bottle before use so I'd check to see if the solution tends to settle in layers in the container.

kurt_n
12/27/2013, 09:43 PM
I want to start dosing Aquavitro Fuel and the recommended amount would be 35mL twice a week for a total of 70mL per week. I would really like to set up automatic dosing but not sure I can find a dosing pump that would dose that little of an amount. I figure the best way would be to dose 10mL per day. I have a LiterMeter III but doesn't look like I can dose that low of an amount with it. I also run an APEX so I can automate time if need be.

Anyone found a reliable way to dose low amounts like this using automated equipment?

Thanks,
David

Dilute whatever you're dosing and then increase your dosing time accordingly.

Or use the OSC command with the Apex. You can get the ON time down to the second.

bertoni
12/28/2013, 12:30 AM
I'm not sure what's in the Fuel product, but I'd be careful about diluting any food product. It might start to decay.

trinidiver
12/28/2013, 07:55 PM
I have been running this for close to a year now with no issues. I actually use it to dose Alk & Cal 6 times per day. I actually bought another one to dose amino acid once weekly. going to start dosing as I get back from holidays.

http://www.marinedepot.com/John_Len_Liquid_Dosing_Pump_with_AC_Adapter_Electric_Powered_Dosing_Pumps_Top_Off_Plug_In_Units-John_Len-CV91721-FIDPETPU-vi.html

lokii_37
12/29/2013, 01:44 PM
If you really want to drop some coin you should buy a master flex L/S from cole palmer. you can set it to dose as little as 0.01ml at a time. It has al sorts of cool features on the pump. but it better for $1600.00

I agree with the above posts. Just set your ON time on your controller for 10 minutes a day. Assuming 1.1ml/min dose rate

skunkmere
12/31/2013, 12:54 AM
marine color.