PDA

View Full Version : Osomlator

nbd13
09/01/2003, 12:19 PM
hey i just ordered one, and am wondering now if it cna go in my sump setup? it will go where my return pump chamber is, i ahev 4 chambers, but i got my 20 long sump from petsmart, so it has that balck stuff aroudn the top? so will this unit still be abel to attach to my setup?

i haev heard good things about this product for top off, so hopefully it can work for me! thanks!

Nick

rvitko
09/01/2003, 01:28 PM
It will work. It may not be simple to install but it will work regardless of sump. If it is the thin molded trim you can clamp over it, if it is thick like Oceanic trim you will need a 3000.244 holder. You can also silicon the holder in place.

nbd13
09/01/2003, 01:33 PM
hey ok yeah its pretty thin so i just clamp it on? and that will hold it??

also how ar ethe instructions that come with it? are the good? i am not that good at setting up things with bad directions?

any other tips on how to install it??

oh what parts need to be off the ground just incase of an overflow they do not get wet? thanks!

Nick

rvitko
09/01/2003, 01:59 PM
Why not wait until you get it. I think the directions are very clear but admittedly I am a gadget freak and most mechanical things come naturally to me. Of course the electonics must be mounted someplace where they are not going to be damaged by water or salt creep. I am almost here 12 hrs a day 7 days a week so you will not have much trouble reaching me.

nbd13
09/01/2003, 02:32 PM
hey ok great! i cant wait to get it no more top off, and i heard these things are top notch!! never fail unleass the eye gets like slat creep or somethign over it so all you have to do it take a rag and wash the eye off everyonce in awhile!

i can wait! thanks so much and hopefully the clip will work in my setup thanks so much!

Nick

nbd13
09/02/2003, 01:42 PM
hey i have a quick question for you, my sump is not that level its off by about 1/2 of an inch, will think make a difference? i mean the sump is setup going lentgh wise under the tank, and the sump is like leaning forward alittle of this makes sense. so i am wondering if this will through it off at all?? i was going to mount it on like the side of the sump like the smaller side if that makes any sense at all.

oh yeah sorry one more, i know they come with the clip thing, but is that very good to clamp it on? will it still be stable and not fall or or should i attach it with another method? thanks!

Nick

rvitko
09/02/2003, 02:14 PM
I have never had a problem with the clamp attaching if it is properly assembled. As far as being unlevel, as long as the area you are sensing at is not really turbulent or full of bubbles I see no problems.

nbd13
09/02/2003, 02:26 PM
well what do you mean by turbulant? i mean it is going where my return pump is? so do you see a problem with this? thats the place where all my evaproation takes place so it has to go there, is this ok?

also what do you mean by bubbles? i have ALOT of microbubbles that i am dealing with right now! will this be a problem?? thanks so much!

Nick

rvitko
09/02/2003, 02:36 PM
If the surface has a lot of waves and the water is full of microbubbles it is not going to work. A few ripples and an occasional bubble are no problem but otherwise the sensor will likely get covered with bubbles and no longer detect the water.

nbd13
09/02/2003, 03:11 PM
ok so i am guessing that i need to fix my micro bubble problem before i can turn on the unit? i mean i can get it hooked up just cant turn it on before the bubble problem is solved right? i mean there is an ocasial little wave but nothing big. but there are ALOT of bubbles right now? thanks!

Nick

rvitko
09/02/2003, 03:22 PM
The bubbles may or may not cause trouble but it is best to get that under control- perhaps check out the Oceanic brand sumps- about $90 in this area for the 20gallon model one and you get the bubble trap.

nbd13
09/02/2003, 03:24 PM
yeah right now i have a 20 long with 4 baffles so that should take care of the problem the bubbles are coming from the overflow tubbing pouring into the sump so i dont knwo what is going on!

Nick

rvitko
09/02/2003, 03:28 PM
Put a ball valve in the drain line and close it slightly. Have it gently hit the water with a 90 elbow half way submerged at the surface.

nbd13
09/02/2003, 03:33 PM
ok what does the ball valve do? also wont that slow the overflow down alot?? its rated for 1400 gph but is really like 1000 gph, with a mag 3 as the return? thanks for the help!

Nick

rvitko
09/02/2003, 04:11 PM
It will slow it down and allow the air bubbles to rise back up rather than pour down with the water.

nbd13
09/02/2003, 05:15 PM
ok so how far closed should it be? and where does the ball valve go??? also will it slow it down to far to no allow enough water to get into the sump quick eough for the return pump? thanks!

Nick