PDA

View Full Version : Nano gobies

tthnow
12/14/2013, 12:23 PM
How can I get them to bond? can I get like 5-6 and see it will happen? has anyone tried?

Fish_wiz2
12/14/2013, 12:39 PM
What kinds of gobies are they? For me, when i tried to pair firefish gobies, id always buy three and either one would be killed of or two if they were all males.

tthnow
12/14/2013, 12:49 PM
The ones that hide in sps.

Fish_wiz2
12/14/2013, 12:50 PM
Ahhh, clown gobies. Im not too sure myself about them, hopefully someone will chime in. Make sure your SPS are healthy though, i had a single and it liked to pick at my sps sometimes!

Reef Frog
12/14/2013, 03:42 PM
They will only bond if its a male - female pair so your chance of getting one is 33% if you buy random individuals as I'm not sure you can sex them by observation. If the tank is big enough non paired individuals can establish their own territories and stay out of each others way, but bickering can occur if they are not a pair. They are fairly easy to catch & remove if you have to as they are almost always within view, rarely hide behind the rock work and are slow swimmers.

I have seen bonded pairs offers for sale on line. If you see 2 resting in close proximity at the LFS your chances are decent that you have found a pair. They do spawn in the home aquarium sometimes under the right conditions. Great fish IMO...kind of like a mini clownfish. Love the vivid yellow color & personality. They also come in bright green & black.