PDA

View Full Version : Is his growth stunted???

M3AN ONE
12/14/2013, 08:55 PM
I purchased a 8 inch blonde naso. The lfs said it was a rescue and that it was housed in a 90 gallon for about 3 years. I do not know if it is possible for a naso to get that big that fast but this tang is a pig as soon as I put it in my 300 gallon it went straight for the algae clip. This tang is at least 2.5-3 inches wide which is why I am concerned. I have not see a wild caught naso that is 8-10 inches long that was even remotely close to that thick all around. Would there be any indicators to see if his growth was stunted in such a small tank?

nonstopfishies
12/14/2013, 09:41 PM
I'm confused, you think growth is stunted because it is fat?

M3AN ONE
12/14/2013, 10:08 PM
Yes... I know if a fish tank has low flow that could be a cause as we'll but proportionately imo it looks like he started to grow wider because he could no longer grow longer being he was in such a small tank

nonstopfishies
12/14/2013, 10:16 PM
Unless it is bloat the fish is likely just fed very well and healthy. Have you seen tangs in the wild or in big tanks were they get fed a lot? They are incredibly think. Shockingly so. Any large Naso you have seen at a pet store is likely very skinny from the long process and stress to get it from the ocean to the store.

M3AN ONE
12/14/2013, 10:32 PM
You are probably right which is why I purchased it.
Here is a picture to provide clarity on how thick he is.