PDA

View Full Version : biocube filter chambers

BoZachary2012
12/15/2013, 10:24 PM
Hey guys,

I recently picked up a 29 gallon biocube and I was curious what you all put in the rear filter chambers. I plan on having the refugium in the middle chamber as well and I don't have any idea where to start there. New to the hobby and need that great advice haha!

Crna
12/16/2013, 08:37 AM
There is a lot of good info out there, and lots of different opinions/options. Some people run a skimmer or media reactor, fuge, media basket, or a combination. A good website is InTank Media Baskets. They have equipment made to fit your tank for media baskets, fuge baskets, fuge lights, skimmers, pumps, etc. I have their media basket in my 14, and it's great. Planning on doing a media basket and fuge in chamber 2 of my 29. The cobalt neotherm heater fits great in chamber one if you don't have one already.
You will probably want to look at upgrading the stock pump to increase your flow. A lot of us use the Cobalt MJ1200. Hydor makes one that a lot of people like as well, but I can't think of the model.

chefbill
12/16/2013, 10:53 AM
I have a heater in 1st, 'fuge with rubble and chaeto in middle, and purigen in 3rd with return pump. I use stock return pump, but did add a circulating pump. Remember to remove the false bottom in the middle chamber, just press down and it will pop out.