PDA

View Full Version : Please Help. Hammer coral dying.

bbishopca
12/16/2013, 03:49 PM
I bought a head of hammer coral 6 months ago and it has been growing great. It has grown from 1 head to about 8 in that time. It has gone from almost a baseball size to about the size of a marble. About a week ago the hammer does not extend anymore. Half of the heads extends about 1/4 inch but looks healthy-ish. The other half are extended alittle more but are just flat and lifeless. It has gone from almost a baseball size to about the size of a marble overnight. I do not see any worms or parasites or anything else and the only thing that changed was my powerhead went out and it took me a week to notice and replace it. This is when the problem began. Has anyone had this happen or have any advice? I cannot find anything wrong. My setup is a 20 gallon dt with 10 gallon sump and refugium. 500 gph return pump and one 425 gph powerhead. The tank is stocked with other LPS, SPS and softies that have not changed in health. The parameters are amm=0, phos=0, nitrate=5ppm, temp=~78, ph=8.2, alkalinity=12, salinity=1.025, and calcium=~500. The tank has been setup for 2 years. I have a marineland LED light that is about 2 years old. I will post pictures when I get a chance. Thanks in advance.

RA
12/17/2013, 07:55 AM
It could be getting too much flow.

bbishopca
12/17/2013, 09:20 AM
Thanks. I thought that and I have moved them around and have changed the pumps directions. They look like they are coming back to life but are still small compared to two weeks ago. I am just worried about the rest of my corals if there is something bigger going on.