PDA

View Full Version : AutoAqua ATO any good? anyone have experience

leveldrummer
12/18/2013, 05:31 PM
I got a little bonus at work and Id like to get an auto top off, the video Ive seen seems like this is a decent simple product. but Ive bought new products before and have been bitten on the deal so Id like to get a little more feedback from someone who has some experience with it. Any reviews are appreciated. Thanks.

ThreeMoneyJ
12/18/2013, 11:35 PM
Are you talking about the "smart" ATO? I just installed one on a small tank build. Some things I've noticed that may make a big difference for you...

- If used in sump an the power is cut your sump will fill above the sensor. When power returns the water level will still be above the sensor. This will trigger the high water level alarm and it will beep at you. I've only read this since its currently in a simples application, but I did test it and that is true.

- If used in a display tank that has trim it is difficult to get the water level high. I'm using it this way. I had to cut the plastic trim in order to get the sensor to the height I wanted.

Overall I'm very happy with the system so far!

leveldrummer
12/19/2013, 08:40 AM
Are you talking about the "smart" ATO? I just installed one on a small tank build. Some things I've noticed that may make a big difference for you...

- If used in sump an the power is cut your sump will fill above the sensor. When power returns the water level will still be above the sensor. This will trigger the high water level alarm and it will beep at you. I've only read this since its currently in a simples application, but I did test it and that is true.

- If used in a display tank that has trim it is difficult to get the water level high. I'm using it this way. I had to cut the plastic trim in order to get the sensor to the height I wanted.

Overall I'm very happy with the system so far!

I would assume any high water level alarm would do the same right? does it stop beeping once the water is pumped back up to display, or does it require a manual reset after a high water alarm?

tannersmith2000
12/19/2013, 09:49 AM
Following

ClownsRCoo
12/19/2013, 03:12 PM
When the water level drops back below the sensor it resets itself and everything on it goes back to normal automatically

leveldrummer
12/19/2013, 04:09 PM
I just found out these only work on Clear sumps of acrylic or glass, my sump is white acrylic. bummer.

ayionna06
12/19/2013, 04:19 PM
if your talking about the smart ATO made by coral vue I love it. It is so easy to hook up and go. Just set it to where you want your water level at and your good to go

WareSan
02/11/2014, 04:55 AM
if your talking about the smart ATO made by coral vue I love it. It is so easy to hook up and go. Just set it to where you want your water level at and your good to go

when placing the sensor, do you place it in the middle of the waterline or above or below it?

ClownsRCoo
02/11/2014, 07:04 AM
The sensor reads the water line in the middle of it. So to first set it up you will need it to be just above your water line until it starts to pump in water to fill to its midlevwl and then you just slide it down to your current water level and it will sense that and shut off the pump. From there you are good to go.

avandss
03/14/2014, 08:16 AM
could i change the pump with a solenoid valve you think?

anyone have the spec of the pump?

i would use this

http://autotopoff.com/Solenoids/

ThreeMoneyJ
03/14/2014, 10:17 AM
The pump that comes with it plugs into the sensor for its power, not the wall, so unless you rewired a solenoid for a different plug it would not work.

unze
03/14/2014, 01:28 PM
Yes, you can use a solenoid valve, autoaqua sell them.

http://www.autoaqua.com.tw/en/products/auto_smt_110.htm

I also understand a new model is coming out that will not have the annoying beep sound when the unit resets itself after a power cut.

robert s b.
03/14/2014, 07:54 PM
Love it, been working great so far.