PDA

View Full Version : Trigger - Odd Behavior

zenom
12/19/2013, 07:58 AM
So for the last month or so I have been trying to figure out what is wrong with a trigger. After posting pictures on here I was told it was flukes. I dosed with Prazipro and nothing improved. Today I realized what might be causing the problem......

So the symptoms were 1 (only 1) cloudy eye, and random white opaque spots on his fins, now where else.

Today I noticed him doing this twitching thing, kicking up sand. When he does it, his eye is hitting the glass, and he is kicking up a ton of sand (I have the sugar sand) substrate.

This is leading me to believe that this is not necessarily an infection (unless this is the a symptom of another infection). Also none of the other fish seem to have problems.

My tank numbers seem to be doing great. PH / KH is stable at 8.3, only 1 degree temp fluctuations (using an apex), salinity is at 34.5 ppt. Corals are all doing great, snails have been breeding like mad, so I think tank params are all good.

Hoping someone can clue me into this behavior.

NOTE: Sargassum trigger and he is eating like a pig.

TIA
Andy

rog2961
12/19/2013, 08:29 AM
I had same exact symptoms, treated with prazi and CP, it ultimately passed. It was eating like a pig the whole time. The only thing I didn't try was a freshwater dip.

zenom
12/19/2013, 08:42 AM
I had same exact symptoms, treated with prazi and CP, it ultimately passed. It was eating like a pig the whole time. The only thing I didn't try was a freshwater dip.

Odd. I have some air stones coming in today, so I might try a fresh water dip to see if it helps. I am not sold its an infection, but it is odd. I think it might be stress or something. The fish is about 4" long.

rog2961
12/19/2013, 08:47 AM
Maybe some antibiotics like that marcy or furan stuff? I didn't try those either.