PDA

View Full Version : When to add clownfish

brad
12/19/2013, 08:07 AM
I have a small (the size of an orange when fully inflated) BTA anemone with unique coloration (might be a sunburst, similar). It seems doing well, not moving around, but it isn't growing fast. It is shaded under a rock ledge near the brightest part of my tank. It is hard to target feed since it is so small and fish will take food from it if they can.

I want to add a pair of ocellaris or percula clownfish, but am not sure if they might hurt it. Should I add them now or wait? If I wait, how big should it be? I am not worried about the clowns hosting in anything else, just damage to my tiny colorful BTA.

Sugar Magnolia
12/19/2013, 11:41 AM
How small is it? If you get tiny clowns you may be okay, but don't get too excited. They may not even take to the BTA as it's not the natural host for perculas or occys.

brad
12/19/2013, 12:13 PM
How small is it?

It is about the size of an orange when fully inflated.

If you get tiny clowns you may be okay, but don't get too excited. They may not even take to the BTA as it's not the natural host for perculas or occys.

I have a nice frogspawn I'd be happy to see them take up residence in.

nikon187
12/19/2013, 11:30 PM
be careful they can also kill the frogspawn by being to aggressive with it by pushing the flesh against the hard skeleton. Mine killed 2 torch corals, and elegance before moving into their bubble tip. ( occelaris )