PDA

View Full Version : Please help brown jelly on duncan

Jyetman
12/19/2013, 06:24 PM
I saw a string hanging from one of my Duncan heads "Middle" last night and this morning a small patch of brownish jelly floating above it. So I removed the three head frag, cleaned off the jelly and did a 10 minute iodine dip return to tank. Bought some brightwell aquatics vitamarin c and dosed the tank. Do I repeat the iodine treatment again so twice daily? The effected head was 3/4 open but is slowly starting to close six hours after iodine treatment no more brown jelly seen since this morning. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I thought about fragging but I don't have a dermal tool afraid to snap it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44432146/duncan22.JPG

aromano
12/19/2013, 06:38 PM
are you sure it wasn't coral poop

Jyetman
12/19/2013, 06:49 PM
are you sure it wasn't coral poop

Yeah sure it was a jelly looking mass that was slimy. The infected area is deflated but no more slimy stuff has accumulated since this morning which is now eight hours. I'm wondering if I should do another iodine dip this evening.

Jyetman
12/19/2013, 07:35 PM
Also to add my clown fish has been trying to host these duncans for several months now but since has mostly moved on to a piece of rock rubble. I'm thinking maybe he hurt this one Duncan head?

sneeyatch
12/19/2013, 10:04 PM
Sounds to me like your coral poop got stuck to the side if the head. Your other LPS would have BJD too more than likely. It's very contagious and after this amount of time passing, you probably would have lost that piece already.

Jyetman
12/19/2013, 10:59 PM
Sounds to me like your coral poop got stuck to the side if the head. Your other LPS would have BJD too more than likely. It's very contagious and after this amount of time passing, you probably would have lost that piece already.

Not sure what to think be nice though if its not dying. The polyp head is open tonight with the other two but the one side is still deflated. Doesn't seem to be spreading still the same 24+ hours later. It also retracted when I did the second iodine dip so still alive and responsive.

Jyetman
12/20/2013, 03:40 PM
bump

Jyetman
12/20/2013, 03:44 PM
The Duncan polyp isn't fully open today maybe 1/4 open. I haven't seen any more brown jelly on the infected polyp or any others should I leave the frag in the tank and keep doing iodine dips or just wait and see?

sneeyatch
12/20/2013, 06:20 PM
Take a breath. I think you're tripping out. Just leave it alone and let it do it's thing. It's probably all bent out of shape because you keep messing with it and dipping it and stuff. Just leave it alone.

xmike24
12/20/2013, 09:31 PM
I think you're irritating it more by taking it out and doing all the dips. By doing that it's going to take longer to open.

+1 for sounding like it's poop... Did you target feed it? Or did a piece of fish food/pellet fall on the head?

Jyetman
12/21/2013, 03:35 PM
Well it was a good thing I fragged the three put the one infected in QT. This morning the one in question was completely consumed in brown slime was dead. So hopefully my main tank is saved.