PDA

View Full Version : Carpenter Wrasse

ca1ore
12/20/2013, 10:24 AM
Looking for a few suggestions on how to get one of these to eat ......

Have had him in QT now for 2 1/2 weeks. Initially in with some other fish and was eating fine for the first week. Beginning second week, I added nitrofuracin green powder; all other fish were fine, but the flasher did not react well. Though he was a gonner so moved him into another QT. He recovered, and appears fine, but now refuses all foods. He is in QT now with a Salfin Tang who I suspect is bullying him a bit .....

My question is what would you suggest trying to entice him to eat? I have tried brine, Mysis, krill and NLS pellets ..... nada.

Newsmyrna80
12/20/2013, 11:30 AM
If he's being picked on he probably won't eat. Optimally I would move him to his own QT. Try something like caviar to get him to eat. I know a lot of people have used black worms but I don't have experience with those.

ca1ore
12/21/2013, 03:08 PM
I ended up putting an eggcrate partition into this tank, a 30 long, so that he cannot be picked on. Already have 3 QT tanks running (obsessive-compulsive, anyone?) with no facility for a fourth, so this will have to suffice.

Deinonych
12/21/2013, 08:23 PM
Already have 3 QT tanks running (obsessive-compulsive, anyone?) with no facility for a fourth, so this will have to suffice.

LOL - I have two running, and my wife thinks I'm crazy. :D

ca1ore
12/21/2013, 09:52 PM
I just have no self control when going to my LFS. Almost came home with a Noaki Wrasse today - with no place to put it! Problem is that none of the fish in any of my QT tanks are all that close to being ready for the display. Although ...... each of my boys have a cycled 10 gallon tank in their rooms which could serve as two more QTs in a pinch ..... muahahaha ......

RJT
12/22/2013, 05:09 AM
Although ...... each of my boys have a cycled 10 gallon tank in their rooms which could serve as two more QTs in a pinch ..... muahahaha ......

smh tsk tsk tsk...but I'm with you on this. You can even say its for our family tank. It's kinda a shame what this hobby will make us do.