PDA

View Full Version : NUVO 24 How do i stop these blasted microbubbles from my IM skimmer

littleoceanjam
12/20/2013, 07:41 PM
I recently set up my nuvo24 and got the IM skim mate along with it, however its killing me with micro bubbles. I'v tried stuffing the chamber with filter floss, it helped a tad bit, but there is still a lot of bubbles being returned. Does anyone have any other suggestions or even recommendations for another skimmer that will fit with my nuvo24?

HAPPY HOLIDAY

Thanks

Hentz
12/20/2013, 07:42 PM
It's in its breaking-in period bud! Let it do its thaaaaang!

terrypercula
12/20/2013, 07:46 PM
It's in its breaking-in period bud! Let it do its thaaaaang!

This is most likely true but the IM skimmers have a real bad rep for micro bubbles. If it's been set up under a month I'd say let it do work for a little longer if the bubbles still drive you nuts look into other options. I think there's a mod for these too that cuts down on the bubbles but i can't remember what it is.

DBreefs
12/20/2013, 10:01 PM
Per IM they say it can take 14 days to "break in" so I would think it's probably that. I just put mine in today and I have a ton of them as well.

tobygizmo
12/30/2013, 06:35 PM
Mine took about a week to break in. I also added some filter floss in the chamber next to it to catch any stray bubbles.

Dmoody
01/28/2014, 09:02 PM
Let's see a pic of that 24

ExpensiveHobby
01/29/2014, 07:12 AM
In the words of the sportscenter, "you cannot stop them you can only hope to contain them". Mine has been up for about 5-6 weeks. Still getting a lot of micro bubbles. I use filter floss to catch them in the return but some still get through. I put up with it because it pulls so much skimmate.

agranoff
01/29/2014, 02:55 PM
I have one of these and even after a few weeks still had bubbles. Also if I add any epoxy etc... it goes crazy.

My solution? I put a piece of filter floss in the return chamber right up against the chamber where the skimmer is so all that water passes through. the result is almost no bubbles. Besides the bubbles and noise it works as a good skimmer.