PDA

View Full Version : Beta Website

Crimson
12/22/2013, 07:03 PM
http://shop.marinedepot.com/

Looks good and it was time for a moderate overhaul. Which you guys had IMO the most modern (vs other aquarium dry good sites) website back in the day.

+ Top of the page looks cleaner and less busy
+ Like the larger font of categories on the left
+ The search seems to be more efficient
+ Site in general looks cleaner
+ Looks like the migration of customer data went well. I was able to log on with my account.

+/- Under shopping services on the left I would move Reef Tank packages and clearance. It doesn't jive with the rest. I would put Reef tank packages part of Aquariums and stands and clearance on its own.

+/- When I select a category it remains expanded even when I go back to MD home site.

- *Some product pictures do not show up in cart, checkout on even product page.

Overall good job!

* I know its still beta :)

MarineDepot
12/23/2013, 09:04 AM
http://shop.marinedepot.com/

Looks good and it was time for a moderate overhaul. Which you guys had IMO the most modern (vs other aquarium dry good sites) website back in the day.

+ Top of the page looks cleaner and less busy
+ Like the larger font of categories on the left
+ The search seems to be more efficient
+ Site in general looks cleaner
+ Looks like the migration of customer data went well. I was able to log on with my account.

+/- Under shopping services on the left I would move Reef Tank packages and clearance. It doesn't jive with the rest. I would put Reef tank packages part of Aquariums and stands and clearance on its own.

+/- When I select a category it remains expanded even when I go back to MD home site.

- *Some product pictures do not show up in cart, checkout on even product page.

Overall good job!

* I know its still beta :)

Thank you for giving the new website a try! I sent your remarks over to our web development team and director of operations for review. This is phase 1 of our site overhaul so we're glad you're liking what you're seeing thus far! We've still got a ton of work to do including incorporating new features and benefits we think will make the shopping experience a lot better from a customer standpoint. PM me your shirt size and the email address you use to sign into MD and I'll send you our new shirt print for providing such valuable feedback. :wavehand:

Happy holidays,

Jeff @ MD

macaddict89
12/27/2013, 02:05 PM
Just ordered from the beta site. I had just signed up for an account so there was no data migrated for me so I had to create another account, but it looks like they linked up because my order info is on the old site for what I submitted on the beta site. I saw some of the same things Crimson saw, and emailed the feedback to you guys. I will agree it looks a bit slicker than the old site. The one thing I didn't mention since I hadn't noticed until now is that I don't see a place where my recent orders are listed and what their status is, but it looks like my order was pushed into the non-beta site (I can understand why you would want that). Hope that makes sense :spin2:

MarineDepot
12/27/2013, 03:12 PM
Just ordered from the beta site. I had just signed up for an account so there was no data migrated for me so I had to create another account, but it looks like they linked up because my order info is on the old site for what I submitted on the beta site. I saw some of the same things Crimson saw, and emailed the feedback to you guys. I will agree it looks a bit slicker than the old site. The one thing I didn't mention since I hadn't noticed until now is that I don't see a place where my recent orders are listed and what their status is, but it looks like my order was pushed into the non-beta site (I can understand why you would want that). Hope that makes sense :spin2:

Thank you for taking the new site for a spin! :bounce3:

Are there any features you think we're lacking that we should incorporate? It doesn't have to be anything anyone else is doing—just looking to make the best site we can for you guys.

macaddict89
12/27/2013, 03:35 PM
Thank you for taking the new site for a spin! :bounce3:

Are there any features you think we're lacking that we should incorporate? It doesn't have to be anything anyone else is doing—just looking to make the best site we can for you guys.

All the ones I can think of you guys already have in place. That's pretty impressive actually!