PDA

View Full Version : Removing an RBTA between rock crevice

Scotty1772
12/23/2013, 01:04 PM
So I have this RBTA that is getting big and dangerously close to stinging some expensive SPS pieces that I'd like to remove. He sits right in between two rocks that he comes out to sun. He occassionally retreats back into the rocks and resurfaces. When I try to remove him, he simply retreats into the rockwork. I've pointed a powerhead at him and that causes the same reaction. Any suggestions? He is a beautiful nem but I don't want to see him kill things and am not up for removing rockwork from the tank. Suggestions welcome

S14Swap240sx
12/23/2013, 01:28 PM
is it possible that maybe shading the nem would cause him to move back out into the light from the tank?

Scotty1772
12/24/2013, 08:39 AM
I will try that...thanks.

xXLeafeonXx
12/24/2013, 11:12 AM
If that doesn't work you could try moving the powerhead making the flow hit the anemone.

Scotty1772
12/25/2013, 06:07 PM
got him...thanks all. the powerhead trick caused him to retreat into his hole but the following day (today), he surfaced in a place that was not as hard to remove him...more powerhead shots and presto....It is a shame as I really did love his color but can't have him stinging things as he moves around....plus my clown was not even hosting him anyway....thank you