PDA

View Full Version : Harlequin Tusk

chipchip
12/24/2013, 05:55 PM
Hi guys

is it possible to keep a harlequin tusk in a 180g tank? I have 2 small yellow gobies and mandarins in my tank..

Plenty of rocks to hide..

gsiegel
12/24/2013, 09:01 PM
I have plenty of small fish in my tank and my HT does not mess with any of them

chipchip
12/25/2013, 06:06 AM
And which size is your HT? I think I should get a juv. HT.. but my other question is, how about the aggression on new added fish into the tank? Is he aggressiv towards new introduced fishes? I guess aussie and indo HT's have the same behavior?

criticalencore
12/25/2013, 07:06 AM
Get a Australian for sure. Way nicer color. Mine has never shown any aggression towards any fish but it has wiped out pretty much 600+ small snails I had. They are considered not reef safe because they eat inverts (although mine has not messed with my sand sifting starfish) but they won't nip coral

gsiegel
12/25/2013, 09:49 AM
Get a Australian for sure. Way nicer color. Mine has never shown any aggression towards any fish but it has wiped out pretty much 600+ small snails I had. They are considered not reef safe because they eat inverts (although mine has not messed with my sand sifting starfish) but they won't nip coral

Mine ("Foster" - get it?) has also never messed with any of my inverts either. He is about 6-7 inches and I got him at about 3-4 inches. He is on the shy side and has his man cave that he has rearranged for himself. He is really one of the easiest fish in my tank to keep and never worry about new additions, even a small one. HIGHLY recommend this fish. Don't even consider anything but an Aussie though.

gsiegel
12/25/2013, 09:51 AM
Here is my beauty. Fat and happy. Bright orange stripes with the fluorescent blue shining through.

Best of luck.

P.S. - they love meaty foods like squid and clam on the half shell for those teeth. They pretty much eat everything though.