PDA

View Full Version : Can someone answer me a few things ? Pic update

CoralBeauty13
12/25/2013, 05:45 PM
First, I have what I believe is a torch of some kind. It was an empty piece of coral that one day grew into this. I have seen them flat in other places, (LFS) or attached to rock. Is it going to stay on this stick like piece, or will detach it's self and move. Should I lay it onto the sand-bed and see what happens ?

2. I have what I also believe to be some sort of gray sponge growth under neath a rock. IT has been growing rapidly for the last month. There is also some red sponge (?) growth that is attaching between two rocks. Are they sponges ? I have heard they are pretty harmless, but just want to make sure , it is not a bad kind. Thanks for any help you can give.

Sorry if dark, I'm using my phone at the moment. I will try to expose lighter via photoshop to make is brighter and update, sorry for the dark pics.

I have found these sponges as close to what I have on the internet, but can not get anything about them as they are just pics.

TommyP
12/25/2013, 05:54 PM
Yes, that's a torch. Looks semi-happy where it is at the moment

too dark to see other pics

tubbs2323
12/25/2013, 06:04 PM
Definitely looks like torch, I would move it off the sand bed, they like to sweep their arms too feed, also they will extend more with moderate flow in my opinion.i have my torches about half way up my tank with plenty of room for the sweeper arms to move, can't see the sponges but I have heard that sponges really start to grow in tanks with excess nutrients, hope this helps

scottsdale454ss
12/25/2013, 07:12 PM
those sponges are awesome!

duckmeat
12/26/2013, 09:59 AM
The torch could turn out to be a "Todd's torch"( URS guy know) can be upwards of $100/head