PDA

View Full Version : Nano Cube Kit

Wolfpackfish
12/26/2013, 11:23 AM
I have 10 years of experience in the hobby, my last tank was a 75 gallon that has since been taken down. I'm looking to get back into it on a smaller scale for now. I'm looking to have a couple fish(a goby at least), maybe a shrimp, a few easy corals, maybe an anemone, and some LR. What all-in-one nano kit is best?

Thanks!

LedZep fan2
12/26/2013, 11:30 AM
You'll get a variety of opinions. Personally I love my jbj Nanocube - its quiet, easy to maintain, and has many possibilities for upgrades. Plus, you can pick up a nice used one for cheap and still have money left over to do some mods like a retrofit hood kit, media basket, or to buy coral!

terrypercula
12/26/2013, 11:32 AM
No secret I love Innovative Marine tanks and products. So my list would go something like this.

1. Any size Nuvo AIO
2.Cadlights tanks
3.If you can find one an AIO Solana(discontinued)
4.Coralife Biocube
5.red sea max 130D(pretty sure they got discontinued too but not sure)

Wolfpackfish
12/26/2013, 07:45 PM
Thanks!

Goldndoodle
12/27/2013, 07:51 AM
I just recently bought and setup a Nano Cube 28 Intermediate (LED lighting). I love the tank, the size is perfect for the location I have. The only complaint I have with the Intermediate is the lighting - way too white. I am in the process of adding on some Ecoxotic Stunners - a row of Actinic Blue, and a row of White/Magenta. I'm hoping that will add enough color so everything doesn't look so washed out when the daylights are on.

My previous experience was with a Nano Cube 24 - which had power compacts in the hood. I had a great experience with that tank - before my life got crazy and I had to take it down / sell it off. When I started looking for a new tank again, I only looked at Nano Cubes. They're highly recommended by me.

Wolfpackfish
12/27/2013, 08:46 AM
I'm leaning toward the nano 28 intermediate. Is it easy to change out the lights that come with it?